Catted downpipe issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Catted downpipe issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by briancox33 Sorry I briefly mentioned this but I will be more clear. The current map on my ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by briancox33
    Sorry I briefly mentioned this but I will be more clear. The current map on my car is Cobb's OTS Stage 2 ECO + SF map. The target boost is 8 - 12 PSI so 9 seemed perfect to me. I did this because there is no heat shield / blanket on the car right now. When my turbo blanket comes in I am going to change it to Cobb's OTS Stage 2 + SF 91 map. The car just smells pretty bad on start-up and coming to stops.
    Cobb has very rich OL Fueling targets, so it's not surprising.

I thought you said ECU (not ECO) tune earlier (misread it on my phone), so disregard the boost control solenoid comments.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by briancox33 View Post
    Sorry I briefly mentioned this but I will be more clear. The current map on my car is Cobb's OTS Stage 2 ECO + SF map. The target boost is 8 - 12 PSI so 9 seemed perfect to me. I did this because there is no heat shield / blanket on the car right now. When my turbo blanket comes in I am going to change it to Cobb's OTS Stage 2 + SF 91 map. The car just smells pretty bad on start-up and coming to stops.
    Is the DP coated? crappy coats burn off and smell bad. I run Ethanol and its smells goooood

Nope just a from the factory invidia catted downpipe. But that weird smell I had for the first few days is gone. Now it's just a gasoline like smell
    - 2011 WRB WRX Premium Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Is the DP coated? crappy coats burn off and smell bad. I run Ethanol and its smells goooood
    You and I are both running Protunes as well. That's prob the reason we don't get any smell.

Just make sure that OTS map isn't a permanent choice OP and you'll be good. Like another poster stated, Cobb's OTS maps are def rich...but they do that for safety. It's better than running lean!
    Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12