Clicking noise in clutch pedal, and sometimes in break pedal.

This is a discussion on Clicking noise in clutch pedal, and sometimes in break pedal. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey i'm farily a noob with cars esp subies. But I have a 2009 WRX with cruise control. When I ...

Clicking noise in clutch pedal, and sometimes in break pedal.

Hey i'm farily a noob with cars esp subies. But I have a 2009 WRX with cruise control. When I shift I have a clicking noise from the clutch when the clutch pedal reaches the top. Sometimes it happens with the break pedal. This is normal with cruise controls? I was told it was by the dealer. I'm not sure I believe them.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

-DpDb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cruise control wouldn't have anything to do with pedals making noise. It's a drive-by-wire car, so there's not manual engagement of anything. Unless it's loud relays kicking in since the depressing the pedals will disengage the cruise by tripping an electronic switch.

Does this phenomenon only occur when you are driving with cruise control?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

No all the time. Thanks for the response!

-DpDb

it clicks when i am releasing on the clutch pedal. The break happens randomly I don't know why this is happening.

I'd see what a different dealer says. The pedals can make a lot of noise. My 05 STI clutch pedal randomly clicked at times, but it never caused concern to me. Drove 60k miles on it til 131k total miles when I had an incident with a large puddle
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

+1 to what Mikie said, see what a different dealer says if you are concerned. These are noisy cars though.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

After reading the thread I decided to pay attention to my pedal noises. There is a click noise when depressing the clutch pedal, whether the car is on/ off. I believe its the switch that tells the computer that the clutch is disengaged... Like for when you start the car. And upon inspection you can see the switch, the click noise is a relay I believe.

I believe the brake will click if cruise control is enabled, another relay switching to turn off cruise. I'll check next time I use cruise.

if its a slight click it may just be the switch...if it's more of a pop your clutch welds are probably broken. this problem has popped up recently and a LOT of 3rd gens are affected by this. theres a class action in the works right now

I think you must not pay much attention to your pedal noises.
    The pedals can make a lot of noise it is not so much worrying i think.
    Just try to overcome this and is not possible then take it easy and just let it go.
    Last edited by skyRose; 11-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face

Quote Originally Posted by skyRose View Post
    I think you must not pay much attention to your pedal noises.
    The pedals can make a lot of noise it is not so much worrying i think.
    Just try to overcome this and is not possible then take it easy and just let it go.
    The issue wasn't that the pedal made noise, of course its going to make noise. The op heard a click noise and wanted to know if it was normal.

There is a switch for the clutch pedal...it's up towards the top of the clutch arm...if you stick your head under there and look up you will see it...and hear it if you push the clutch pedal in while looking. It's likely this is what you are hearing each time you push the pedal.