13' WRX Metalic Scraping/Rubbing Noise *Fixed*

This is a discussion on 13' WRX Metalic Scraping/Rubbing Noise *Fixed* within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All A few days after my little off road adventure I began noticing a metalic scraping/rubbing noise coming from ...

13' WRX Metalic Scraping/Rubbing Noise *Fixed*

Hi All

A few days after my little off road adventure I began noticing a metalic scraping/rubbing noise coming from the wheel. It was loud and almost sounded like when trains merge into different tracks and dragging a license plate on asphalt. Needless to say I upset, thinking that I fuxed the awd system. I took it to the dealership (Car has 7k miles on it...) they could not replicate the problem :/. A few days later it came back louder than ever. I noticed that it was coming from the front left wheel and I decided to look into it. Turns out there was a small rock wedged between the backing plate and rotor having a one man party. Took it out and it was smooth operation from then on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	994268_10201231211038205_1839347771_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	115600

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for sharing, ya never know!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!