How Bad Is It? Differential fluid change pictures

This is a discussion on How Bad Is It? Differential fluid change pictures within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I changed my differential fluid the other day, and found about 15 to 20 of these metal chunks . ...

How Bad Is It? Differential fluid change pictures

So I changed my differential fluid the other day, and found about 15 to 20 of these metal chunks . It looks like the tips of the diff teeth to me.

Background info: 02 wrx 84k miles, completely stock, tires are cupped and one has excessive wear on the inner tread. I feel a very mild skipping feeling sometimes but its only when going straight, or at least I don't notice it while turning. I don't hear any weird noises coming from the diff either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can I continue to drive the car or should I wait until I can get an alignment done next week?

Bump.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the damage has already been done, so ofcourse you can continue to drive it. It'll be better now without chunks of teeth circulating around. But the only way to "fix" it is to replace it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE