I try to shift into first gear, and it says no, no, noo......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I try to shift into first gear, and it says no, no, noo...... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Too soon? My '13 Rex has 800 miles on it, and last night I experienced something that is worrying me ...

I try to shift into first gear, and it says no, no, noo......

Too soon?

My '13 Rex has 800 miles on it, and last night I experienced something that is worrying me a bit. After a longer drive (25+ miles), I was at a stop light and found it very difficult to shift into first gear. I had to pop the clutch in and out 2 or 3 times to get it to shift into first sometimes. And even when it did shift into first, I had to really force it in. It did this to me the rest of the drive home. This morning on my way to work, I didn't notice it, but my drive is less than 4 miles to work, so I feel it may be an issue that presents itself once things warm up to full temp. Throw-out bearing? Synchro issue? Or something I shouldn't worry about?
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you try to put it in first when the car is moving?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Do you try to put it in first when the car is moving?
    My issues have been from a standstill. I rarely shift into first when the car is in motion.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX

Sorry I had to.

I have nothing of substance to contribute to this thread though.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    What bushings do you have? Is it also hard to shift into other gears?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

hahaha

but in all seriousness, take it to the dealer. no need to diagnose your problems online when you have a warranty and the car isnt even broken in yet.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

Sorry I had to.

I have nothing of substance to contribute to this thread though.
    DIKEMBE!!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What bushings do you have? Is it also hard to shift into other gears?
    Everything is stock on the vehicle. Does have the STi STS. It's only 1st gear giving me any problems; all other gears are ok outside of the known notchiness, but I'm fine with that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well,in that case,take it to the dealer. You have a warranty. Use it. They installed the shifter. Let them worry about it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Do you find it hard to put in reverse when the car is off?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Do you find it hard to put in reverse when the car is off?
    Lolwut?

These cars are notoriously difficult to put into R and into 1st gear...if its more abnormal or persists, take it to the dealer and warranty the **** out of it!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Just seems odd that it only happened after driving a while. That's what made me feel it is an anomaly. Most of the time, I have no issues getting it into any gear.

First gear problems never presented themsevles again; guess it was an odd break-in glitch. Anyways, I didn't want to start a whole new thread about a topic that's probably been addressed a million times. I have read here in many posts that in general, especialyl with these newer WRX's, an intake/catback without a tune will likely throw a code from the altered a/f ratio, and is NOT safe to run without a tune. I asked my service manager at the local dealership if an intake/exhaust would cause warranty issues. He told me NO, an intake of exhaust would not affect my warranty, but a tune WILL. I don't see how this makes sense from what people on here are saying. If you install a part that alters air flow without a tune, it is unsafe for our engines, but the second you tune the car to run it safely, that's when you have warranty issues? What gives? Are there intake/exhausts that ARE safe to run on the 2013 without a tune. PLZ, HAAALP (5th Element is amazing).

Do not rely on what the dealership manager says about warranty info, he/she is not the person that has the authority to make these claims.

I find my transmission is always a bit stubborn, especially if its cold out. My first and second gears grind a bit to, not every time... And not a loud grind, more of a clunk. I just take it as how the transmission is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    First gear problems never presented themsevles again; guess it was an odd break-in glitch. Anyways, I didn't want to start a whole new thread about a topic that's probably been addressed a million times. I have read here in many posts that in general, especialyl with these newer WRX's, an intake/catback without a tune will likely throw a code from the altered a/f ratio, and is NOT safe to run without a tune. I asked my service manager at the local dealership if an intake/exhaust would cause warranty issues. He told me NO, an intake of exhaust would not affect my warranty, but a tune WILL. I don't see how this makes sense from what people on here are saying. If you install a part that alters air flow without a tune, it is unsafe for our engines, but the second you tune the car to run it safely, that's when you have warranty issues? What gives? Are there intake/exhausts that ARE safe to run on the 2013 without a tune. PLZ, HAAALP (5th Element is amazing).
    Its not up to the service manager. It's up to SOA ultimately. However every dealership is different some are very mod friendly, others are not.

There are ZERO intakes you can run without a tune. You can run any catback you want. But if you go TBE or a downpipe, you MUST have a tune. No if/ands/buts about it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast