Misfire P0301 code

This is a discussion on Misfire P0301 code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello I'm a first time Subaru owner and although I've researched a lot I can't seem to find information on ...

Misfire P0301 code

Hello I'm a first time Subaru owner and although I've researched a lot I can't seem to find information on a problem I'm having. To start I own a 2008 wrx hatch, the car has 145 000kms on it and I've owned it a month. The only mods to the car are a short shifter, new VF52 turbo was put in place of the TD04, and a high flow Invidia Catted downpipe, the car has been tuned to stage 2 with the Torqued for performance map. Before the downpipe was put on, the car had the P2096 code(catalytic converter below effienciency threshold) tuned to stage 1. I no longer get that code because it's blocked with the map now have an even worst issue. After stage 2 I drove the car 1000km without a CEL doing a highway trip, in the last few weeks I've been getting CEL P0301. The car idles normal, drives perfect, gas mileage is normal not running rich, I can only get the light to come on sometimes driving in 3 gear and up and only 4000rpm and up usually during hard acceleration. Sometimes I get the code and other times I don't. When I do accelerate hard, the fuel does partially cut off and I get the flashing CEL but if I don't push the rpm higher then where I feel the fuel cut out, the light turns off. I have read of other peoples situations and I don't think it's a coil pack becuz the car runs fine, nor injectors becuz the car is getting good mpg and not stuttering, as long as I don't WOT in 3+gear the CEL never comes on. I was wondering if a boost leak may be the cause, or possibly a spark plug becuz it is restricted to 1 cylinder. Could boost leak cause a misfire under high loads, or can a spark plug be the cause if the it only happens at high loads in 1 cylinder. I'm not getting other codes either. I've read through similar situations but it's been hard to find a clear answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hi, everybody
    im new here, have a 2008 wrx with 155k miles, automatic
    bought it few weeks ago, has the p0301 code solid on,
    change already the injector, coil, wire, spark plugs, oil press sensor, also valve cover gasket, but still on,
    its any chance that the ecu got bad?
    thanks for read, hope i can get a good aswer.

Ahhhhh! What is going on?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide