2002 Wrx maintenance question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx maintenance question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Contact Gates and ask how the regular and Ravindran belts compare....

I Support ClubWRX
    Contact Gates and ask how the regular and Ravindran belts compare.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

after discussing with a local Subaru shop, I decided to go with this kit instead.

this car isn't going to be beat on and she will, most likely, never see any further modifications. So, a stock replacement should suffice without issue.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK yes that has been discussed:
    Anyone use the Gate's full timing belt kit before?

Again I'd recommend factory Subaru gaskets for the water pump and thermostat, a factory Subaru thermostat, and factory Subaru coolant. The rest, Gates. Also mind the length of each bolt, as one of the idlers has changed in thickness and may not allow a shorter existing bolt to grab enough threads. Just FYI.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    OK yes that has been discussed:
    Anyone use the Gate's full timing belt kit before?

Again I'd recommend factory Subaru gaskets for the water pump and thermostat, a factory Subaru thermostat, and factory Subaru coolant. The rest, Gates. Also mind the length of each bolt, as one of the idlers has changed in thickness and may not allow a shorter existing bolt to grab enough threads. Just FYI.
    awesome - thanks. I'm placing a call to Suby north houston tomorrow to discuss my rear hatch stay recall and look into the cold weather gas smell recall

i'll ask them about the parts then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12