Misfire code help!!

This is a discussion on Misfire code help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I just bought a 02 wrx about 3 months back and at first everything was great! But then ...

Misfire code help!!

Hey everyone,

I just bought a 02 wrx about 3 months back and at first everything was great! But then I started to run into a lot of misfire issues! I've been a Honda guy for a very long time so I'm not too fimiliar with subaru all as of yet! However when the first time I got the misfire code. I figured the car needed a tune up...so I replaced the spark plugs with NGK platinums however i did not replace the coil packs cause they are a little on the expensive side. That didnt resolve the issue. Thn I drove around for a day or 2 with my MAF sensor unplugged and I had no misfire issues. So I bought a new one. Now the misfires are gone only until it rains very heavily! Every time it rains the car misfires and I really have no idea what can cause that. I have a injen intake system on it other then that car is all stock! Should I just replace the coil packs too? Any sugeastions would help!! I have plans for the car and would like for it too last! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!

We have a nice sticky thread for a checklist to run down if you are having misfires: IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Swap coil packs around to see if the code follows is a free way to check to see if you need to replace them... After that I'd do a compression test to see if its anything internal...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257