Misfire code help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Misfire code help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I just bought a 02 wrx about 3 months back and at first everything was great! But then ...

Misfire code help!!

Hey everyone,

I just bought a 02 wrx about 3 months back and at first everything was great! But then I started to run into a lot of misfire issues! I've been a Honda guy for a very long time so I'm not too fimiliar with subaru all as of yet! However when the first time I got the misfire code. I figured the car needed a tune up...so I replaced the spark plugs with NGK platinums however i did not replace the coil packs cause they are a little on the expensive side. That didnt resolve the issue. Thn I drove around for a day or 2 with my MAF sensor unplugged and I had no misfire issues. So I bought a new one. Now the misfires are gone only until it rains very heavily! Every time it rains the car misfires and I really have no idea what can cause that. I have a injen intake system on it other then that car is all stock! Should I just replace the coil packs too? Any sugeastions would help!! I have plans for the car and would like for it too last! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!

We have a nice sticky thread for a checklist to run down if you are having misfires: IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Swap coil packs around to see if the code follows is a free way to check to see if you need to replace them... After that I'd do a compression test to see if its anything internal...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.