misfiring timing belt and spark plugs

This is a discussion on misfiring timing belt and spark plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so I've had my subie for like 2 months now. i have an 03 wrx. bought it from some dealer ...

misfiring timing belt and spark plugs

so I've had my subie for like 2 months now. i have an 03 wrx. bought it from some dealer that raped me.
    I didn't have problems with it at all until a few days ago. once car hits 3k rpms it misfires.
    took it to the dealer they said I needed to change out the spark plugs and that the timing belt needed to be replaced.
    I read through a few threads and saw that the timing is recommended to be changed after 105k miles
    my car has 130k miles on it
    does anyone have any suggestions?
    I'm just frustrated at this point and I don't know what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ask if timing is off if they state the belt is related to the misfire.

Post any CEL codes.

The belt needs to be replaced if it's original, but I question whether it's the immediate problem. Ask what the problem is.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.