well nuts. front O2 sensor heater circuit cel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on well nuts. front O2 sensor heater circuit cel within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Rats. I was hoping to find a loose wire...a bad connection. Something other than replacing the sensor. But after some ...

well nuts. front O2 sensor heater circuit cel

Rats. I was hoping to find a loose wire...a bad connection. Something other than replacing the sensor. But after some tests with the meter, looks like its going to be replace and good to go.

The real bad here is that wipes my tatrix safe clean. Oh wells. Got to be running right before tuning anyhoo. So, since I'm short on time for replacing it with a factory sensor, what would be the best I can score from a parts house? I've the usual Napa, car quest and hedahls. My engine is untuned and I have only a up pipe and new timc hoses as mods. I just don't want to get a o2 sensor that has a rep of working badly with our cars.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Bosch or OEM. $150-$250

BTW, how did you test it with the meter? Which wires to probe and how many volts? Could have come in handy for me before replacing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Bosch or OEM. $150-$250

Haha there's a story here. I got too excited installing my grimmspeed up pipe. Tore off my lower heat shield and cut right thru the sensors wire pack. Thankfully it left me two inches of wire to fix it for a while. I just double checked the resistance between my repair and its good, as well as the connection between the harness and the sensor. At almost 150,000 miles I am assuming better new than fix again lol. And cool enough, I found a Nippon denso sensor.

BTW, how did you test it with the meter? Which wires to probe and how many volts? Could have come in handy for me before replacing mine.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Doh.... I did it again. How n the bleep did I do that?
    Rob

This also happened to me last Monday (P0420 + P0031), and I tested the sensor and ECU leads as per an online suggestion (http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread...nt-12146.html?). Hopefully my parts will arrive today so I can fix this.

I ordered the sensor I've seen on the forums: Denso 234-9011

Amazon.com: Denso 234-9011 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor: Automotive

I'm at about 97,000 miles on a 2005 WRX.
    Last edited by Obeisance; 07-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    David - '05 WRX

Good grief....swapped the sensor in under twenty minutes. Instant different car. Butt dyno says more power through more rpm. All that from a p0031. Must have been near death, the change is amazing and I have no idea yet how 'happy' my ecm is. I only have like half a vinchu reset going on so far. Retorque and redrive just for fun. Wishing I had my boost and pyro guages in about now just to see!
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.