Shift linkage bushing help?

This is a discussion on Shift linkage bushing help? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright guys i'm new to the forum, i just have a couple of questions regarding the shift linkage bushing in ...

Shift linkage bushing help?

Alright guys i'm new to the forum, i just have a couple of questions regarding the shift linkage bushing in my 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon. When i first purchased the car i noticed the oil pan had a pretty nasty dent so i took it to the dealership to have it replaced. My actual shifter is very very very sloppy and while the Subaru Mechanic had my car lifted he showed me where the linkage bushing was going bad. There was alot of wiggle room when he shook the shifter. I was looking to go ahead and replace the bushing with the Kartboy bushings and i was going to go ahead and do the COBB short shift as well. Would the Kartboy bushings be the same thing as the shift linkage bushings or are they two totally separate pieces? I just do not want to purchase the Kartboy bushings if they are not the actual part i need. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Kartboy doesn't make shift linkage bushings. On your car, the bushings themselves aren't replaceable like other MYs. TiC sells a shift linkage update that you can buy:
    TiC 5MT Linkage Update

Personally, though, I'd just get the full TiC kit:
    TiC 02-05 5MT super shifter set - Wide
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Alright Thank you so much. So is it just the shift linkage bushings that are not replaceable? I couldn't replace the other bushings with the Kartboy bushings?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EddayW
    Alright Thank you so much. So is it just the shift linkage bushings that are not replaceable? I couldn't replace the other bushings with the Kartboy bushings?
    You can still replace all bushings of the shifter assembly, but it's a bit more expensive with your car, as the U-Joint where the shift linkage bushings goes doesn't come apart like other ones do (I was able to keep the U-Joint assembly, but replaced the bushings on my car). The second link takes care of all bushings, and includes a lever, and would be what I would recommend.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Alright Thank you so much!