2009 WRX AC issue

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX AC issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2009 WRX with 80kms. The AC isn't blowing cold, so I took it to a shop to ...

2009 WRX AC issue

I have a 2009 WRX with 80kms. The AC isn't blowing cold, so I took it to a shop to have it recharged. Well, turns out, it's not holding the charge -- only showing 0.43lbs instead of 1.1lbs. So, there's got to be a leak somewhere. We loaded up the UV dye and put it into the system and no leaks were detected. Problem is: the high side won't take the charge. It won't allow any Freon to go into the system. The compressor clutch is engaging properly when the AC it turned on, so maybe it's something in the compressor itself?

My tech is not an AC expert, but he thinks that it's either the compressor not working properly, or possibly the high side pressure switch. Does anyone know if this is a known issue? or if you've ever heard of a faulty switch?

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think freon only goes in the low side. You should only hook your high side gauge to the high side. My '02 leaks out slow too and I can't locate the leak so this should be interesting. What do your gauges read?