2001 wrx turbo

This is a discussion on 2001 wrx turbo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all please help me with info as my 2001 wrx has lost power i think my turbo has seized...... ...

2001 wrx turbo

Hi all please help me with info as my 2001 wrx has lost power i think my turbo has seized...... i cant hear spooling my bov aint working ? i woke up the next morning to go to work and was driving but the turbo was not working at all it feels like im driving just a standard car no power i thought the wastegate arm may have come off but i dont think thats the problem what could be happening ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Only way to tell would be to get in there and take the DP and Inlet off to see if the prop shaft is seized. You pretty much said it yourself. Take pics of the wastegate arm.

Clogged cat possibly? Run any data logs?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There's a lot of speculation in your post and not a lot of scientific testing.

Do you have a boost gauge? Is a CEL generated? Do you have any way of datalogging the car?
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yes i do have a boost gauge and i have no way of data logging.

ok i dont have much mechanical experience with cars and there was no sign or lights on dash and nothing at all and no data logs. sry this may sound silly but DP ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by o0ohakko0o View Post
    ok i dont have much mechanical experience with cars and there was no sign or lights on dash and nothing at all and no data logs. sry this may sound silly but DP ?
    DP is the downpipe. It is the first part of your exhaust coming down off your engine. You will have a heatshield that you will have to remove to access it. If you don't have mechanical skills you probably want to take the car to someone that does to have them take a look.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by o0ohakko0o View Post
    Yes i do have a boost gauge.
    Okay.......and the readings are? You could very well just have a boost leak.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S