The squeaky clutch of doom!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The squeaky clutch of doom! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey gang, Just hit 22000 miles and my clutch pedal started squeaking; throw out bearing also whines on cold start. ...

I Support ClubWRX

The squeaky clutch of doom!

Hey gang,

Just hit 22000 miles and my clutch pedal started squeaking; throw out bearing also whines on cold start. Taking it to a dealer tomorrow morning to see what they say.

Whining clutch - YouTube
    I have auto crossed the car but I'm a complete novice and over the past 2 years I've done a total of 6 events plus half a track day. The car has a COBB tune stage 1 and I generally putter about. I know the throw out on the 2011 has been an issue so I'll let you guys know what subbie say.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is what mine sounded like at 37k subby didn't lubebthe trans cone where the throughout bearing rides.
    900.00 later they repaired it. Good luck.
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

I Support ClubWRX
    Good news everyone! Well.. Kinda.. Dealership was useless... Took it to my tuning guy and had him lube the connections and bleed the clutch. All is well now.
    I should be more specific;
    They lubricated the clutch fork by removing the slave cylinder from the transmission and the dust boot that protects it; and then proceeded to actuate it and reproduce the sound you were hearing. A little bit of lithium grease applied in that area sorted that.
    <- not my picture, borrowed from another tread but this is exactly what it looks like.

I also had a SS clutch line installed, which... So worth it! So the bleeding of the slave cylinder had to happen anyways, also lubricated the moving locations on that as well.

The dealer was extremely useless and only served to put a giant paint chip in my passenger door... They claimed that it squeaking when the car was off was not a reason for concern and sent me away. I honestly had no ****s to give since they had gone full retard and took my business else where. The whining in the second video only happens under the following circumstances.
    1) Cold start, first start of the day
    2) I don't let the car warm up until the rpm's drop below 1000 which is what I usually do.
    3) Shift into reverse and move to the catch point.

That's when I get the that whining sound... This is only the second time I've noticed it and have been able to readily replicate it using those steps and I've genuinely exhausted my "oh ****s" on this car for this quarter. I'll keep an eye on it and take it in if it becomes an issue. From what I'm reading people have lived with it.

Reference tread. Mines isn't as bad as some of these guys :I
    Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx)
    Last edited by KRowe; 07-15-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.