2010 wrx AC problem

This is a discussion on 2010 wrx AC problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2010 wrx blows air but its not cold by any means. But it does blow cold air some times ...

2010 wrx AC problem

My 2010 wrx blows air but its not cold by any means. But it does blow cold air some times but not very often. Has anyone else had this problem out of this new of a car? Can it just be fixed with a can of freon?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check your a/c filter inside the glove box. I replace mine yearly, but when I first bought the car (used) it was a freaking rats nest. Might be impacting flow?
    -2010 WRX
    |AEM Intake|Cobb Stage 1|

Could be an issue with your cabin filter as mentioned above. Could also be a charge issue like you mention (freon). I'd start with your cabin filter since that should be replaced somewhat frequently anyway, then see if there is any improvement. From the sounds of things I'm leaning towards a re-charge.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nothing can just be fixed with a can of freon.

If the above doesn't solve the issue suspect a blockage or a leak. Find out what your pressures are and go from there.

Since you're asking this implies taking it to a shop or the dealer if you are still under warranty.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I had no idea there was a cabin filter. I figured it was a leak but i did get the car used so theres no tellin. Guess ill check that first and go from there.
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers