i relaize i cant drive...oops

This is a discussion on i relaize i cant drive...oops within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was leaving the mall a few hours ago, and there's a very quick merge. You start off 4 lanes ...

i relaize i cant drive...oops

I was leaving the mall a few hours ago, and there's a very quick merge. You start off 4 lanes over to the right and in a quarter of a mile need to take a left exit. It's usually not a problem but I was one lane over to the right, and needed one more to take the exit left. There was a car in the left lane coming up quick so I was going to wait till he passed. Unfortunately the car in front of me merged left and the car that was originally was in front of him was going too slow for me to wait for both of them. Naturally I downshifted to 3rd...not paying attention I took it to fuel cut and tried shifting into 4th... the car bucked and threw the CEL. So I monitored the car while driving back home nice and safely this time making sure it wasn't driving messed up. Read the codes when I got home and found P0301 P0302 and P0303, misfires in cylinders 1,2 and 3 along with a freeze frame and pending P0244 waste gate solenoid. I cleared the codes, and went to start my car again...and wouldn't on the first try. Gave it a bit of throttle on the second time and started. The I was starting it over and over to see if it starts right, which it does but also to monitor the tachometer and make sure it's idling ok. Seems fine for now but I need to try a cold start.

Oops...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used my AP to reset my codes and learned parameters the other day was shocked to find it would not start the first crank but that was a month ago and it starts perfect every time since.

In other words it may be nothing just the ECU 'rebooting'.