2013 STI Driveability question?

This is a discussion on 2013 STI Driveability question? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a new 2013 STI and have noticed that it pulls slightly to the right. I understand that ...

2013 STI Driveability question?

I just bought a new 2013 STI and have noticed that it pulls slightly to the right. I understand that most highways have a crown so that the water will run off but this just seems odd. If you let go of the steering wheel on any road the car will always drift to the right. The car had 7 miles on it when I picked it up so I'm concerned. We had a 2014 Forester XT before and it did not exhibit any of these symptoms so I am concerned.

Is this an STI thing or do you think I have an alignment issue with a NEW car?http://www.clubwrx.net/ubb/mad.gif

thanks,
    Phillip

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have them check it out. Or on a deserted piece of road, drive on the other side, see if the car drifts the other way.

^ Both good ideas. You're under warranty (rather your car is). It might be an alignment issue. Checking on the other side of the road will verify that. If there it drifts to the left, you're overly concerned, if it goes straight or still to the right => alignment. ...It happens...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Just get an alignment should only be about $80 even if you have to pay for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am going to do that this afternoon.

Just spoke to the dealership. They are going to do an alignment check on Monday. The car also had 38psi in all the tires. That made it a little twitchy and once I lowered the pressure to 33/32 (numbers inside of door jam)
    the car drove much better but still had the ""drift" affect.

I love the car and will be glad when I can get it to behave.

thanks,
    Phillip

Took the car out on Friday and yes, it pulled right from anywhere on ANY road no matter what.

I took the car into to Stivers Subaru this morning and they actually listened to me about what was going on with the NEW car. Quite refreshing actually to have service listen and not accuse me of wrong doing.

So they put it on the alignment rack and found that the toe was off front and rear by more than a degree. They re-aligned it and it drives great now.

Very happy, drove back to work with a SMILE on my face!!!! Great car, can't wait for a trip to the mountains!
    -Phillip
    2013 WRX STI WRB

Glad you got it sorted out, thanks for following up.

Nice! Glad you got it worked out and that the dealer helped you out. Shoulda had them add a degree of negative camber all the way around...woulda helped your handling quite a bit
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow... a degree of toe is huge. Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I agree, and thanks for the input! I'll take care of that myself. As an autocrosser I actually have all the tools to line the car up myself. After I have had the car a bit I'll start autocrossing and tracking the car and will adjust the alignment accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Wow... a degree of toe is huge. Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
    -Phillip
    2013 WRX STI WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo8u2 View Post
    I agree, and thanks for the input! I'll take care of that myself. As an autocrosser I actually have all the tools to line the car up myself. After I have had the car a bit I'll start autocrossing and tracking the car and will adjust the alignment accordingly.
    Good stuff. There are a few avid AutoX guys around here on the board. If you haven't already, make sure to read around the board stickies for some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro