Engine coolant question. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine coolant question. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by nsibanez yes but that fluid also does make its way back into the system. its for overflow ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    yes but that fluid also does make its way back into the system. its for overflow when it gets hot. id rather it be above the full line hot a little bit then there not be enough coolant in the car at all you know?

Right. .just saying that simply because the overflow isn't full that doesn't mean you're low on coolant. My overflow has been dry for years and my coolant is still full. If I pushed the car hard for an extended period of time I would probably see some come out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Right. .just saying that simply because the overflow isn't full that doesn't mean you're low on coolant. My overflow has been dry for years and my coolant is still full. If I pushed the car hard for an extended period of time I would probably see some come out.
    no, you're right. its just like a failsafe basically. plus im picky and like my fluids full

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12