Fender Rolling Tool/Differential Issue

This is a discussion on Fender Rolling Tool/Differential Issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I've somehow been running into fender rubbing issues on my 2013 hatch running 18x8.75 w/ 245/40/18 tires...at STOCK ...

Fender Rolling Tool/Differential Issue

Hey guys,

I've somehow been running into fender rubbing issues on my 2013 hatch running 18x8.75 w/ 245/40/18 tires...at STOCK HEIGHT! And I'm not talking "some rubbing", I'm talking huge gashes out of my sidewall!

So....I've resorted to rolling my fenders. I have a friend who has a roller tool but it attaches to the hub (with AWD it won't move without resistance).

QUESTION: I had my car out of gear with the parking brake off. I moved the hub probably both ways about 7-8 inches in each direction. After realizing it was hopeless I detached the roller tool and that was that. I am worried I did harm to my differential. No signs of anything bad. But I'm wondering if I did.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're fine!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You're fine!
    Thank you sir!

Helps a lot to jack up all 4 corners and it can move all tires instead of fighting differential slipping...even better if you take all 4 tires off at once and it goes very easily without all that extra weight to be spinning.. Saves a lot of arm strength with the fender roller also lol
    Current: '12 WRX Hatchback Limited
    -Cobb AP ots stg 2, invidia catless DP double wrapped DEI heat wrap, SPT Heatshield w/DEI gold coating underneath, Perrin drop-in air filter, SPT Front Strut tower Bar, Rota MXR 18x9.5 w/ 275/35/18 Sumitomo HTRZIII summer use, TR Motorsport C2 18x8 w/ 245/40/18 Pirelli Winter Carvers for winter use.