Not Reaching Target boost

This is a discussion on Not Reaching Target boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay first off i have a 05 WRX with agency power header, catless up-pipe, invidia high flow catted down pipe, ...

Not Reaching Target boost

Okay first off i have a 05 WRX with agency power header, catless up-pipe, invidia high flow catted down pipe, perrin recirc bov, walbro 255, ngk 2667 plugs.

ive been trying to reach 17 psi with my tuner, ive been e-tuning so he hasnt seen the car. max psi it will run is around 13.5-15 and he said the stock boost controller is turned all the way up and its still not reaching 17 pounds. ive checked all of the vaccum hoses and boost hoses, i replaced a few because they looked old.

still no change, i do not know what is causing this to happen, the turbo spools just fine and holds solid, it will just not reach 17psi.

do you guys have any suggestions to what it may be?
    thanks, Kyle

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Who's doing the e-tune? Have you pressure tested the system to verify there aren't leaks (visual isn't sufficient)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you check the connections on your intercooler (underneath as well)? Mine were loose after I took mine off and when I tightened them my boost was a few pounds higher.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Did you check the connections on your intercooler (underneath as well)? Mine were loose after I took mine off and when I tightened them my boost was a few pounds higher.
    yeah when i first got the car the clamps were loose under the intercooler, so i tightened that. and hes i have pressure tested and it holds just fine and loses nothing. and when it is boosting it holds perfect and doesnt fluctuate. and Clark Turner tuning is doing it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Straube63
    hes i have pressure tested and it holds just fine and loses nothing. and when it is boosting it holds perfect and doesnt fluctuate.
    You built/borrowed a DIY tester to pressurize the intake tract with a compressor?

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You built/borrowed a DIY tester to pressurize the intake tract with a compressor?
    yup, i have a coolant pressure tester and i made an adapter to fit into the intercooler inlet tube and addeded pressure accordingly

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Straube63
    yup, i have a coolant pressure tester and i made an adapter to fit into the intercooler inlet tube and addeded pressure accordingly
    Tighten the wastegate actuator by one full rotation. See if that helps. If so, based on how much it increased on one turn turn it either one half or one full rotation and test again.

UNYSOC