Help! Parking lights wont turn on!

This is a discussion on Help! Parking lights wont turn on! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i'm a total n00b when it comes to my WRX but not a stranger to Subaru (This is ...

Unhappy Help! Parking lights wont turn on!

Hey guys i'm a total n00b when it comes to my WRX but not a stranger to Subaru (This is my 3rd one) i just got it today and when i left the car lot my daytime running lights, parking lights, fog lights, and tail lights all worked. I was on my way to show my buddies the new car, and when i got out my parking lights where out. I checked all the fuses both under the dash and in the engine bay not a single one was blown. trying to trouble shoot the problem i noticed that when i had my e-brake down my DRL wouldn't come on either (The car was running at this point). The top switch that controls the parking and tail lights only operated the tail lights to come on and not the Parking lights and while looking in the manual it said that they were on the same fuse so i'm dumbfounded with no where else to turn, and a little annoyed/upset because i literally just got the car today and there's already an issue

The plus side is that the Parking lights do have power because my blinkers and the flashing lights work when i lock or open the car...Which brings me to another issue as well I went to the gym with it and came out to unlock it and it made the audible beep but when i locked it to troubleshoot the light issue it didn't beep at all...very strange i'm not sure what to think.

Oh and BTW i have an 06 WRX Limited

Any help would me greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When one of my bulbs blew out I had similar symptoms. Check both of the headlight bulbs and make sure they are good.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

drl are out as well? check those bulbs and fuses

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    When one of my bulbs blew out I had similar symptoms. Check both of the headlight bulbs and make sure they are good.
    Even though my headlights do work when I have them on? I mean it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    drl are out as well? check those bulbs and fuses
    All the fuse are in tact which is throwing me off I was thinking it could be a relay?

*Update* the DRL do work now all that's the problem is the parking lights

No one else???

Bump

do you have a wiring diagram for it? And maybe a multimeter?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDyo View Post
    No one else???
    No, because there is no indication whether you have current to all the relevant bulbs, whether each bulb has an intact filament, and what changed between the post indicating the DRLs didn't work and the one where the DRLs did work.

Have you checked all the filaments and followed the circuits with a multimeter? The car has absolutely stock electricals, right?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm about to pull the bumper off tomorrow and pull the headlights out so I can get at them. Will give an update tomorrow

Sorry, I'm not familiar with 2nd gens, but I recall some issues where people couldn't turn off the parking lights, these turned out to be user error committed with the switches at the steering column. I did one also: after the first week of driving mine I discovered that the windshield washer didn't work. I know it worked when I got the car. I tore into it. Dismantled the front, inner fender well, steering column covers and eventually had the suspect switch out. Just to finally figure out that I was operating the wrong switch and everything was really working fine all along...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

*Update* I finally got the bumper off and the headlights out to find that the connecting plugs weren't even put in the housing. Needless to say I replaced the bulbs and installed them properly.

Thank you all for the input and help!