'07 WRX Clutch Pivot.... *%@#!. :)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '07 WRX Clutch Pivot.... *%@#!. :) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just like title says, my clutch pivot F'd up.... short story. followed by pictures and (long) story the scratches are ...

'07 WRX Clutch Pivot.... *%@#!. :)

Just like title says, my clutch pivot F'd up.... short story. followed by pictures and (long) story

the scratches are from the needle nose pliers, to get it out. (btw, i haven't started to remove transmission yet)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130626_154107.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	114686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130626_154035.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	114687

Well, in another great adventure with my Subbie today.... started off by a smooth ride up North on I-91 towards Northampton to inquire for work. all was fine and dandy riding along on the highway, going with flow in no hurry and i see my exit up ahead (Exit 18), i take the ramp to slow down to a stop light ahead... i didnt get a chance to do a complete stop (light changed over), but i still had enough momentum to shift in 2nd. in my attempt to do so, the car wasn't having it. like it through a fit or something. lol. my clutch pedal started to get really firm, but it would not spring back up to normal position. it would literally stay in the down position...

i then move over and initiate the hazards like anyone would with the little speed i had, then call my cousin with a flat bed to pick me up. as i was awaiting his arrival i thought to take a look. pre diagnostics per say. at first glance the reservoir was at proper level. no leaks noticed. the engine was still running with no hesitations at this time, then i sat in the car, attempted to shift into any gear while the clutch pedal was in the floor. it wouldnt even shift, but i did feel the car move a bit... meaning the cluth is still engaged. after that, tried to start the engine after shutting it off, it wouldnt start back up... thinking my pedal is FUBAR or something.

so, since i cant start the car, and i was going no where at the that point i decide to take off my intercooler. (im sure everyone driving by was rubbernecking, but i already have help along the way so it didnt matter to me. i even had 2 state troopers pull behind me, asking for details on what is happening) taking off the intercooler, i notice that my clutch fork has fallen into the transmission bell housing and my slave extended beyond believe. the two were pinching together stationary unable to reset. i unbolted the slave cylinder the fork fell, and with further investigation the pivot had snapped off. how? IDK... so, i will have the privilege to extract the snapped bolt out the transmission...

i will be ordering new pivot, and spring. i dont think a new fork is needed. what do you guys think?
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

update... i procured the parts for the repair. (pivot, and pivot spring). but im just curious why my pedal wont retract back to normal position. i may have torqued/bent the level that hold the spring in the foot well... could this be a possibility?

ill be looking at diagrams, to see whats happening... seriously, i can push the clutch in, instead of returning with resistance, it would just snap to the floor.
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.