Check engine light with flashing cruise light.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check engine light with flashing cruise light. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Driving from the atv shop today and the check engine light with flashing cruise light came on. I did a ...

Check engine light with flashing cruise light.

Driving from the atv shop today and the check engine light with flashing cruise light came on. I did a search and a handful different ideas came up from like 2008. Anyone know what's up with the lights on. Emissions, missfire, etc? It ran just fine no problems that I picked up on.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Local pep boys will pull the code for me for free. So I will probably be posting the code when I get it done either tonight or tomorrow.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    Local pep boys will pull the code for me for free. So I will probably be posting the code when I get it done either tonight or tomorrow.
    No one can help without that.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    No one can help without that.
    Didn't know if that was a specific thing that someone delt with before or what. But I understand I will get a code ASAP. Thanks.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    Didn't know if that was a specific thing that someone delt with before or what. But I understand I will get a code ASAP. Thanks.
    There are dozens of DTCs the ECU can trip. Each one is given a different P#### value, which will help point to what the problem is. It can be anything from a loose gas cap, to the TGV motors having an issue, to a misfire, to an overboost, to an O2 sensor having trouble, etc. Trying to troubleshoot the issue without knowing the code is like Stevie Wonder playing darts.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

CEL came onto my car in just the same fashion. No actual change in how it's driving...so I got it read and its a P2096...so I'm gonna replace the o2 sensor and see if that fixes it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I understand. I will have to wait till tomorrow to get the code I didn't make it to pep boys in time. I will post up the code tomorrow. Thanks
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Ok got the code read today.
    P0011 intake camshaft position timing over advanced bank 1. That's what he said came up on the screen.
    So what exactaly is that saying?
    He said he cleared the code, started it up and picked up nothing in live data. Drove about 15 miles home and ran fine. No check engine or cruise lights yet. As I said before it ran fine when the lights came on.
    Thanks Tom
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

OP, I'm sorry but I have to rant a little: you have 12-hundred plus posts and thought a CEL with a flashing cruise control light has one specific cause? Where have you been all these years? Now, with a code in hand you have a chance of actually getting somewhere. That's the "beauty" of the whole system, you get a summary light and can then find specific causes. Now I don't know if this one is a fluke, sometimes codes show up and never recur. But if it comes back there is something wrong. Cam-sensor sounds pretty serious, though. What's the mileage on the engine? if high enough, was the timing belt done, how long ago? It could be related to timing belt going or the automatic cam advance...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, read through this thread ASAP.

Some of the replies there scare the crap out of me.
    Flashing Cruise light + CEL, Code P0011?? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Mainly this one:
    "turns out that my problem was the infamous Banjo bolt oil feed line that goes to the turbo was clogged.

I ignored it and payed for my ignorance, now I have to replace my turbo

what happens is that the oil line that runs to ur turbo gets clogged and starves ur turbo...

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you stop driving the car regularly and do one of these things:

pull the heat shield off your turbo, pull the the banjo bolt off the top of the midsection of your turbo, and check to see if its clean. If it has a little screen in it you might even want to throw that little screen out. Then, pull the ignition fuse from your fuse box and turn the engine over for about 15 seconds. this should pump oil through the oil line and if you dont see any dumping out you might want to dig deeper into the issue and check the banjo bolt under the turbo by the up-pipe

take it to a Subaru shop as it is a common issue and they could help you figure it out.

take my advice tho and DONT ignore the issue. I ignored it and blew my turbo.

best of luck to ya"
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    OP, I'm sorry but I have to rant a little: you have 12-hundred plus posts and thought a CEL with a flashing cruise control light has one specific cause? Where have you been all these years? Now, with a code in hand you have a chance of actually getting somewhere. That's the "beauty" of the whole system, you get a summary light and can then find specific causes. Now I don't know if this one is a fluke, sometimes codes show up and never recur. But if it comes back there is something wrong. Cam-sensor sounds pretty serious, though. What's the mileage on the engine? if high enough, was the timing belt done, how long ago? It could be related to timing belt going or the automatic cam advance...
    I understand where your coming from on that. I have to admit that I wasn't thinking correctly when I posted that question. To answer your question about how many miles and timing belt change. It has alittle over 66000 miles. So I would say not to timing belt replacement because If I remember right it's not due for replacement till around 100,000 miles. Just inspections up till that point. They did mention cam sensor if it comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Dude, read through this thread ASAP.

Some of the replies there scare the crap out of me.
    Flashing Cruise light + CEL, Code P0011?? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Mainly this one:
    "turns out that my problem was the infamous Banjo bolt oil feed line that goes to the turbo was clogged.

I ignored it and payed for my ignorance, now I have to replace my turbo

what happens is that the oil line that runs to ur turbo gets clogged and starves ur turbo...

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you stop driving the car regularly and do one of these things:

pull the heat shield off your turbo, pull the the banjo bolt off the top of the midsection of your turbo, and check to see if its clean. If it has a little screen in it you might even want to throw that little screen out. Then, pull the ignition fuse from your fuse box and turn the engine over for about 15 seconds. this should pump oil through the oil line and if you dont see any dumping out you might want to dig deeper into the issue and check the banjo bolt under the turbo by the up-pipe

take it to a Subaru shop as it is a common issue and they could help you figure it out.

take my advice tho and DONT ignore the issue. I ignored it and blew my turbo.

best of luck to ya"
    Thanks I will read it.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I read that and the trouble codes in the maintenance manual I got online and its sounding more and more like a oil issue.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    I read that and the trouble codes in the maintenance manual I got online and its sounding more and more like a oil issue.
    Yeah, everything I found points to that banjo bolt on the turbo being clogged. If you have the tools its worth checking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

That's the bolt with the metal line running to it in the middle of the turbo. Do I have that correct? It looks like I can get to it without having to even remove the heat shield. Oh and where is the screen that's referred to in the article you posted? If I remove the bolt it's right there? Should I just remove the screen then?
    Last edited by irvin787878; 06-25-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Well I searched around alittle more. I found that I should remove the screen filter and its inside of the banjo bolt. Just still alittle confused as to the exact location. Looks like I got a project for this weekend.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.