P1400 CEL - long story made short
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P1400 CEL - long story made short within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok.. So one day my CEL came on, I only have 26k on my 2010 WRX sedan. Used my OBD2 ...

P1400 CEL - long story made short

Ok.. So one day my CEL came on, I only have 26k on my 2010 WRX sedan.
    Used my OBD2 bluetooth adapter and the android torque app to see it was a P1400 code.
    P1400 - Fuel Tank Pressure control solenoid valve circuit low
    So I took it to the dealer. They checked it out, they found what was a mouse nest under the rear seat, They wanted me to bring the car back so they could further investigate.

So me being me, I brought the car home, pulled the back seat, and investigated the wires they had said were chewed on by a mouse.
    The mouse or mice nibbled on a few wires, not even cutting any. only one had some exposed wire.
    So I taped them up and tried clearing the code.
    the code cleared but came back in later.
    I don't think that these "chewed" wires are really the root of the problem. Has anyone else had a p1400 CEL code?

The wire that was chewed on has a part number 81578FG410.
    it runs the whole length of the car on the passenger side. but the 7 wires that were in the bundled that were chew on go to a white box under the vapor canister on the passengers side behind the back seat.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does anyone know the actually location of the fuel tank pressure control solenoid? I have looked under the rear seat, by the charcoal canisters in the trunk, and no such luck. I take it that the solenoid is located on the top of the fuel tank?

Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.