RPM jump when in neutral
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RPM jump when in neutral within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So about a month ago I started feeling and kinda hearing a slight tick when letting off the clutch. I ...

RPM jump when in neutral

So about a month ago I started feeling and kinda hearing a slight tick when letting off the clutch. I searched around and it seemed like most people were saying it was a spring under the pedal and that it's not a big deal. Now I don't know if these two things are related but now whenever I am coming to a stop and am in neutral, the rpms go all the way down but then you hear a slight sound of the car "giving itself gas" and the rpms jump up to 1500 and then right back down even though my foot is nowhere near the gas pedal.

Like I said I don't know if these two things are related but I'm mainly concerned with the accelerating problem. I recently installed a cobb intake and tuned it properly with a AP but it was doing this before the mod. Any ideas guys? Thanks.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You still under warranty?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Nope.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Guess it's a bad sign if you're asking if I'm still under warranty. :/
    - 2011 WRB STI

Quote Originally Posted by Undone10 View Post
    Guess it's a bad sign if you're asking if I'm still under warranty. :/
    Not necessarily, he was probably just going to say go have the dealership check it out if under warranty.

Is it only happening at certain times, e.g. only when the car is warmed up? How long ago did you install the intake, and did it start happening as soon as you installed it?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

^That.

If it was something that confusing, sometimes it is easier to just check out for warranty work.

Otherwise it could be something as simple as Idle control sensor being out of whack or something like that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Not necessarily, he was probably just going to say go have the dealership check it out if under warranty.

Is it only happening at certain times, e.g. only when the car is warmed up? How long ago did you install the intake, and did it start happening as soon as you installed it?
    Nah it pretty much does it whenever.

It did it for a week before the intake install and does it just the same afterwards.
    - 2011 WRB STI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.