stage 3 wrx overboosting?!?

This is a discussion on stage 3 wrx overboosting?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 02 wrx is/has been overboosting sometimes in 3rd, and 4th-6th, recently retuned at P&L in chicago but even with ...

stage 3 wrx overboosting?!?

My 02 wrx is/has been overboosting sometimes in 3rd, and 4th-6th, recently retuned at P&L in chicago but even with my previous tune i was still overboosting, using a Prosport halo series gauge, mods are: blouch 16g-xt, dw565 injectors, walboro255, turboxs tmic, turboxs turbo back, cobb sri, grimmspeed ebcs, perrin turbo inlet, perrin uppipe, cobb lightweight crank pulley, ngk step one colder plugs, jdm v7 6 speed swap.
    Havent been able to see any boost leaks and my afr's are pretty good under boost and at idle, would it be smart to throw in a manual boost controller too and run a hybrid setup?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could run a hybrid setup, as long as you get it tuned again.

How much are you over boosting? And are you seeing it from logging, or just with the gauge? Cause unfortunately, Prosports aren't the most accurate gauges made...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Didnt know i would have to get retuned for that and oh really ya im just going off of what the gauge says, im tuned to 22 and it says i hit 24 sometimes 25, i dont have anything i could log with right now.

My Prosport gauge was saying I was at boost near 25 when I was tuned to 20.5 on my first STI.

Turns out after some logging, I was fine. The gauge was off.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Oh wow maybe it is the gauge the. Cause on the dyno sheet it was at 22.1, ill have to borrow someone's accessory or something and log it!

Tactrix cable and a laptop

Any specific program i should use? I've got a Mac but could probably use my buddies windows laptop

google Rom Raider...they have a Logger application.

Will do thanks for the help man!

No prob! Goodluck!