05 STI Question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi ...I just recently bought a 2005 sti...had it for 6 hours and I'm almost 100% the engine seized up...my ...

Lightbulb 05 STI Question

Hi ...I just recently bought a 2005 sti...had it for 6 hours and I'm almost 100% the engine seized up...my question here is do you think I should have the dealership fix it.....and possibly worrying about this again....or get my money back and go else where......any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If they can give you your money back I'd go that route

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    6 hrs? ^ without question.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a "fixed" vehicle or walk away without any investment...tough choice
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

well we called the dealership and he pretty much told us to go get help somewhere else....so thank goodness I got a powertrain warranty with it.....never doing business with them again.. thanks for all your advice!!! another question is anyone know how much them motors are new from jasper?

screw that.....bring the GD thing back to the dealership and get your money back.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the laws within your state. 6 hrs of ownership isn't even enough for the actual checks to clear or transfer so literally drop the car back off, call the company who gave you the loan and tell them what happened and you have returned the vehicle. If you didn't have a loan then have your bank stop payment on the corporate check and toss the keys at the general managers face like Nolan Ryan.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Well the guy who sold me the car was talking to my dad because I was at work.. he told my dad if ur son went into the red of the rpm's they wont warranty the car. which I think the other night I might have touched in the red a little bit. on accident.... would they be able to tell by plugging a computer into my car?

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I don't think there's anyway to see exactly what RPMs you made it up to unless they had that "Nanny" software that parents put on kids' cars or something like that.

If they happen to know what Learning View is via Rom Raider and Open Source tuning, they could see if there were knock events in a certain RPM range, but it only shows 5600+ range. Nothing specific about redline...but I doubt a dealer has any clue about that.

So I gotta ask though, what were you doing and what exactly happened when it "seized up?"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

to be honest I had my girlfriend in the car and was driving normal...heard a knock from like under my feet.. and it would only knock when you ease on the gas...so i pulled over and knock went away at idle...drove it some more and it got worse... called my buddy and he followed me home...and I was going up a hill and in like 3 gear at like 3500 rpm and lost my buddy in a big cloud of smoke...it was so thick he couldn't see the road... and it like seized up wouldn't turn over...this all happened at like 12 at night

I pulled the dip stick and metal shavings all threw it!!

Dude, take the car back and get your money.

Yeah you definitely killed it. There's no way you should be responsible for that if you were driving normal. Once you heard the knock, you should have just stopped driving and had it towed though. Either way, you'd be replacing an engine block.

Does it have any mods on it?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Yeah you definitely killed it. There's no way you should be responsible for that if you were driving normal. Once you heard the knock, you should have just stopped driving and had it towed though. Either way, you'd be replacing an engine block.

Does it have any mods on it?

I'm new to the sti.. so I'm not sure...I know its like a straight exhaust...not cats.. not sure how to tell anything else!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.