2012 sti hard steering

This is a discussion on 2012 sti hard steering within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so my steering has been acting up it gets very hard and its been getting worse there is also ...

2012 sti hard steering

Ok so my steering has been acting up it gets very hard and its been getting worse there is also a lot of metal shavings in the fluid I flushed the fluid out put new in I'm pretty sure tberes no air in the system however I do have an aftermarket resivor with a hole in the cap for a vent but the inlet to the resivor is always submerged in fluid and therss never any bubbles , does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be ...the pump , rack and pinion or my resivor or where would these shavings be coming from

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most likely the shavings are coming from the pump...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Sounds like something for the warranty fellers at your Subaru dealership...unless you've amassed 36k miles already...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Lol no warrenty for me aftermarket resivor , wheels tires , and suspension they will surly deny me along with abs relocate and fuse box relocate I ordered a new new pump hopefully that fixes it I don't wanna buy a new rack

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Could have at least tried...if you didn't touch anything steering wise, they can't say that other mods caused it to falter.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying