leaking gasket???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on leaking gasket??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I currently drive an 02 STI bugeye - im from AUS - and I am still quite a noob so ...

leaking gasket???

I currently drive an 02 STI bugeye - im from AUS - and I am still quite a noob so don't judge

I noticed I don't really hear my turbo whistle anymore (sometimes it comes up), and its replaced with a more scratchy, lower pitched noise. After I had my car last serviced the mechanic mentioned I had a leaking gasket (where up pipe attaches to turbo) - so I assumed this was the problem?

what would be the best way to go about this?
    when love of power... overcomes the power of STi, the world will see peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Uppipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Just start with replacing the gasket, if turbo is still acting up then at least you know it's not one of the uppie gaskets. If you know it's leaking you may as well fix something that's broken. Here's a link that has gasket prices and info if you decide to modify.

Awesome I didn't know you can just replace the gasket itself...I thought it would haveto come with some complete pipe replacements too

thanks for link!

looks like parts are gonna cost me 20$...haha =]
    but I guess these will haveto be welded on? adding a bit of $$ mulla for labour

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gorecki-STI View Post
    looks like parts are gonna cost me 20$...haha =]
    but I guess these will haveto be welded on? adding a bit of $$ mulla for labour

Huh? Gaskets aren't welded.. you remove the uppipe, slip new gaskets on, and reinstall it.

well now I know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.