2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys For about a week and a half now my WRX has had a rough idle or I would ...

2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System

Hey Guys

For about a week and a half now my WRX has had a rough idle or I would get hesitation on the highway. It doesn't happen all the time though, somedays its good somedays it's really bad where it's ready to stall at a red light. I called the dealership on Monday, they said bring it in this coming Monday. They asked if the check engine light was on, i told them no. Well yesterday the Check engine, traction control and blinking cruise control light came on. I checked to see what code its throwing and its P0451. Anyone have any input on this? I have almost 19000 miles on it.
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That code could simply be a loose gas cap. However, if your car truly is have idle issues, while I think a loose gas cap might possibly cause that, I would just take it to the dealership with the cel on and let them go at it. You have a warranty after all. Just check the gas cap first so you don't take it to the service dept and have them tell you it was loose.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I checked the gas cap yesterday clicked it about 6 times. Didn't fix the problem. Went for a drive this morning, CEL was out. Car sat for maybe 2.5 hours. When I went to drive home CEL was back on. Who knows... Going in Monday morning at 8AM
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Any luck with your car? I have the exact same problem with min and it developed about 2 months ago. I was also getting a P0300 Random Misfire code with the P0451...I had already taken it in once and they told me that it was my aftermarket stereo blocking signals to the ECM, didn't believe it but was worth it to just swap it back out. I also have/had a stage 1 cobb OTS tune with Cobb SF intake...I took the car all the way back to stock put another 300+ miles on it and still have the problem...I'm currently sitting at 12k miles. Let me know what they find as I will do the same.

Warranty.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

As of right now.. No luck with my car They gave it back, said they "tightened some hoses". Drove it home and it seemed fine. About 2 days later, same thing.. Today it's even worse. I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning. The idle is very rough, and just starting from a stop you can feel it hesitate all the way through the gears.. I'll keep you guys update. No check engine light this time around though
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Mine is stock by the way. They tried to say I wasn't using the right octane. I said I've been buying 93 since I've owned it.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Damn what dealer you working with? They sound like idiots as opposed to wanting to do their job.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i agree with mikies comments.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Its Wyoming Valley Subaru in Kingston PA. I didn't get a chance to call them back today. I'll calk them in the morning.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Thanks for the update. I've got just about the same news for mine, nothing. I had dropped the car off for a second time already last week after having put it back to stock with a fresh "clearing" of the ECM. Ended up with a CEL again, I had the 2 codes P0300 and P0451 but registering 6 times, 2 perm. 2 confirmed, and 2 pending. The dealer took the car in and I got it back last Friday afternoon, once again they didn't find anything wrong with it after analyzing all of the emissions sensors, computer signals etc..So they're solution for the time being since they couldn't find any issues was to rewrite the ECM back to a fresh flash and go from there again. Now this weekend I put about 1100 miles on the car, no CEL but I still have a pending P0300 that hasn't gone away since I picked the car up AND my Evaporation System is still NOT READY after putting 1100 miles on the car. I'm using a simple Actron OBD reader. The car hesitates bad through the powerband, does not feel like it's running clean by any stretch of the imagination and I'm still getting intermittent rough idle's but they're not as frequent. Now up until the point of the dealership reflashing my ECM all of the emissions system checks would go into the READY within a few days. Makes no sense. More to follow...

I'm also having the same problem as you guys with my 2013 WRX. P0300 Random Misfire code with the P0451. I'm glad I can finally find others who are experiencing the same issue! This is the third time I'm bringing into the dealership, the first time they said it was a faulty MAF sensor and the second time they said it was bad gas. Both times the misfires went away for about a week, but have returned after that.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm rather disappointed. I have about 10k on the car.

Update...As I've been monitoring the performance of my car over the last couple of days since I got it back from the dealer. Here's the latest, the pending P0300 code as of this morning finally cleared itself so I have no more codes. My Evaporation System is now in the READY. I don't know if the two are tied together but the code has cleared after 4 days and the Evap Sys is finally in the READY. So what I have found is that a day or 2 after my Evap System goes ready is when I start up with the problems. I'm not liking but liking the fact that there are other 2013's out there with these issues. Hey Gold is your car stock or do you have anything done to it? I thought my MAF was dirty or I had bad gas so I cleaned the MAF (no change) got gas from another top tear gas station away from the one I normally buy gas from and no change...so neither of those things worked for me either. Keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by useduserrname View Post
    Update...As I've been monitoring the performance of my car over the last couple of days since I got it back from the dealer. Here's the latest, the pending P0300 code as of this morning finally cleared itself so I have no more codes. My Evaporation System is now in the READY. I don't know if the two are tied together but the code has cleared after 4 days and the Evap Sys is finally in the READY. So what I have found is that a day or 2 after my Evap System goes ready is when I start up with the problems. I'm not liking but liking the fact that there are other 2013's out there with these issues. Hey Gold is your car stock or do you have anything done to it? I thought my MAF was dirty or I had bad gas so I cleaned the MAF (no change) got gas from another top tear gas station away from the one I normally buy gas from and no change...so neither of those things worked for me either. Keep us updated
    Thanks for the update, keep them coming! My car is 100% stock, which is why this is so frustrating to me. I'm bringing it in on Thursday because they won't have a loaner for me until then

I guess only time will tell, but I'll be sure to keep this thread updated if/when they resolve the issue(s)!
    Last edited by Gold; 06-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Update...As of yesterday evening on my way home from work my idling issue reappeared. So plugged my OBD code reader up and noticed I had a pending P0300 Random misfire code. Got home shut the car off came back out around 30-45 mins later started the car up within 5 mins had CEL. Again plugged the OBD reader up had 3 P0300 pending, confirmed and permanent. Drove it around for about 20 mins. Parked it and cleared the codes. Left this morning to head to work, still had P0300 permanent code, no issues during idle at stops. I will wait to see if I get a CEL again today or within 2-3 days after clearing the codes before taking it back to the dealership. Seems to be the norm. More to follow...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast