2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rulin Oh awesome link, if it's that simple, I'm definitely going to give that a try this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rulin View Post
    Oh awesome link, if it's that simple, I'm definitely going to give that a try this weekend. The pictures are exactly what I needed
    yea it was a pretty simple fix. better than waiting hours and hours for subaru to replace your whole wiring harness.

make sure when you do open up that plastic cable management grommet and remove all the electrical tape, there will be 2 thick cables wrapped in electrical tape. The one to open up is the one where there is a thick black and thin black cable sticking out of them. And pretty much look at the pictures for reference. When you remove the tape, there will be that grounding cable that connects to 3 or 4 other silver grounding cables. Itll be connected by that metal clip. And you start adding solder onto that metal clip. So it makes good contact.

My guess as to why these misfires happen during idle is because when the engine is running, the vibration from the engine will make the ground connection shake also. Making the ground connection lose its ground momentarily. So thats probably why it misfires.

So when youre all done, just use electrical tape and tape it like how you found it.

If that doesnt solve your problem, then i guess back to subaru it goes. But im sure it will fix it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cho.co.Pie View Post
    yea it was a pretty simple fix. better than waiting hours and hours for subaru to replace your whole wiring harness.

make sure when you do open up that plastic cable management grommet and remove all the electrical tape, there will be 2 thick cables wrapped in electrical tape. The one to open up is the one where there is a thick black and thin black cable sticking out of them. And pretty much look at the pictures for reference. When you remove the tape, there will be that grounding cable that connects to 3 or 4 other silver grounding cables. Itll be connected by that metal clip. And you start adding solder onto that metal clip. So it makes good contact.

My guess as to why these misfires happen during idle is because when the engine is running, the vibration from the engine will make the ground connection shake also. Making the ground connection lose its ground momentarily. So thats probably why it misfires.

So when youre all done, just use electrical tape and tape it like how you found it.

If that doesnt solve your problem, then i guess back to subaru it goes. But im sure it will fix it.
    Subaru did a similar fix to my car, except instead of applying more solder to the connection they removed the connection entirely and hardwired it. I haven't had the code come on since (which has been about 10,000 miles of driving). I didn't appreciate the mound of electrical tape the dealer left under my hood though.

I Support ClubWRX
    If your car is still within the warranty period and you haven't done anything to viod the warranty, you're better off with a dealer repair. Tearing apart and soldering your harness could quickly become a warranty voiding action. just sayin'
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    If your car is still within the warranty period and you haven't done anything to viod the warranty, you're better off with a dealer repair. Tearing apart and soldering your harness could quickly become a warranty voiding action. just sayin'
    yea i second this. if you dont have any head ache mods, just take it to the dealer.

P0328 high input knock sensor code

Hey guys, new to this forum. So at 13k I am facing which seems to be the same problem as everyone else but with the code p0328. I have replaced the sensor, checked the ohms on the sensor and the ground. I really am convinced there might be a bad ground somewhere. Anyone else having this same problem? Maybe my harness is experiencing the same problem but throwing a different code.

Quote Originally Posted by N_gross View Post
    Hey guys, new to this forum. So at 13k I am facing which seems to be the same problem as everyone else but with the code p0328. I have replaced the sensor, checked the ohms on the sensor and the ground. I really am convinced there might be a bad ground somewhere. Anyone else having this same problem? Maybe my harness is experiencing the same problem but throwing a different code.
    yea it could be. do you have any mods? have you taken it to the dealer yet?

Yeah catted dp intake and TP tune. Logs run fine, but can't seem to find the problem.

sounds exactly like when i had that problem. I have a catless dp, intake, perric tmic, ebcs, and a protune from yimisport. Car runs beautifully while driving. even doing data logs multiple times, it reads fine. But only during idle i had that problem. and occasional p0300 code. maybe the codes vary depending on the mods and what the tuner enabled or disabled in the map.

if you have the time, you should revert it back to stock and take it into the dealer. Or try to call them in beforehand and tell them you have so and so mods, and see if its ok if you can bring it in so they can check your wiring harness with the mods on. if they say itll possibly void the warranty, then screw it. Either change it back to stock and take it in OR just do the soldering in the wiring harness yourself. but make sure you put back and tape up everything back to how it was. just in case it isnt the wiring harness issue and you do need to take it to the dealership for other issues other than this one.

if you do end up doing the soldering youself, just look in the previous comments where i attacked a link. at most it took me around an hour to finish the job. I probably could have done it quicker, but my soldering job wasnt the best and i tried to make it clean as possible. but it still worked and solved my problem.

Hey guys,

Well I think I now have this problem, here's the run down. Earlier this week my car threw a CEL, and the traction control light came on as well as the blinking cruise light. It ran very rough at idle and although I didn't have a CEL prior to this I do recollect some other rough idles in the past month or so. I ran the codes and it's throwing a P0300 and P0451. My car is a 2013 bone stock wrx with ~19,000 miles. Haven't brought it to the dealer yet but I will this weekend and I'll let you guys know where it goes from there. Very thorough thread and I feel like the wiring harness/grounding issue is my problem. All the symptoms described in these 8 pages are exactly what I'm going through. Let's see how Subaru handles this.....

14 WRX, stock with 7000 miles. Had a p0451 pop up twice over the last 2000 miles. Each time the dealer clears and says to bring it in next time to diagnose. Currently waiting on it to pop back up.

Dealer replaced the evap canister (whatever you call the large canister by rear passenger wheel) I believe saying the pressure was off.

Cel came back on 50 miles later. Currently back at the dealer awaiting a smoke test.

Quote Originally Posted by james_f View Post
    Dealer replaced the evap canister (whatever you call the large canister by rear passenger wheel) I believe saying the pressure was off.

Cel came back on 50 miles later. Currently back at the dealer awaiting a smoke test.
    Did you ask them to check the engine wiring harness? I had the same problem. Replacing the harness fixed it.

I mentioned the harness / ground and the tech was skeptical about forum advice. It's currently back at the dealer. They are ordering a sensor near the intake. Maybe they will look at the harness as part of the troubleshooting.
    Last edited by james_f; 08-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Im having the same problem with my car. Car is 2012 WRX stock with 21k miles. Going to the dealer this Sat.

The third and final time in the shop they replaced 22012AA220 Sen Assy-Vac. This seems to have done the trick. Repair order comments indicate it is a pressure sensor on intake which was out of range. Fault was traced by Subaru Diagnostic system.