2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX P0451 Code Evap Emission Control System within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by squiRe2001 Hey guys sorry for the late reply. But got mine back the day before the 4th. ...

Quote Originally Posted by squiRe2001 View Post
    Hey guys sorry for the late reply. But got mine back the day before the 4th. Seems as though its finally fixed! The girl that told my car was done, told me that they found a splice in the wiring harness. When I got to the dealership to pick up my car the technicians were gone, so I wasn't able to ask where the splice was. Its been running good for a little over a week now with no hiccups

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    squiRe2001 So what was the issue exactly? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So it appears that this thread just fell on its face like most of them do...Is this dead in the water now? No progress being made by anybody? As report back of what was found that actually fixed the problem. I know I haven't had any success as of yet, I've gotten my car back from the dealership now for the 3rd time still not able to diagnose the problem. I'm in the process of capturing a few things during and openport 2.0 logging session to see if somethings up when it's on the verge of kicking a code.

Quote Originally Posted by useduserrname View Post
    So it appears that this thread just fell on its face like most of them do...Is this dead in the water now? No progress being made by anybody? As report back of what was found that actually fixed the problem. I know I haven't had any success as of yet, I've gotten my car back from the dealership now for the 3rd time still not able to diagnose the problem. I'm in the process of capturing a few things during and openport 2.0 logging session to see if somethings up when it's on the verge of kicking a code.
    The thought they had mine figured out, and have had my car for over two weeks now. They thought it was the throttle position sensor, it wasn't. They thought it was a vacuum leak, it wasn't. Now they're checking out a wire harness per Subaru's request. They claim it'll be done tomorrow...we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Is this only happening the 2013s?
    I feel like this is what is happening to my 2012 also. I don't have a cord to check my codes, so I cannot confirm. But I'm afraid to take it to the dealership too if I'm going to have to go through the run around like y'all

its not so much that theyre giving you the run around. they just simply cant figure it out. as a tech in a dealership, each car kind of has the same problems. like usually when Toyotas come in they throw evap codes, its generally the idiot customer left the gas cap loose, or the idiot tech left the vacuum line off next to the throttle body. so when something hard broke like these come around it takes a little time before someone figures it out

I'm getting my car back for real today! Don't worry, I'll be back to give you guys the full details on the fix.

Awesome can't wait to hear what the problem is/was. As for myself well nothing as of yet, I've been driving the car around and still hasn't acted up...It's only because I'm watching everything! I did however started my own harmless experiment, I pulled my gas cap off and have been driving around on half or less of a tank of gas to see what happens...surprise, surprise, no check engine light at all and I've been doing this for 3 days now...Something's up in my opinion HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by useduserrname View Post
    Awesome can't wait to hear what the problem is/was. As for myself well nothing as of yet, I've been driving the car around and still hasn't acted up...It's only because I'm watching everything! I did however started my own harmless experiment, I pulled my gas cap off and have been driving around on half or less of a tank of gas to see what happens...surprise, surprise, no check engine light at all and I've been doing this for 3 days now...Something's up in my opinion HA HA
    Hi All.
    So was this issue every resolved? I have a 2013 Rex with ~9000 miles and having the same issues. Please provide details of fix.....so I can take it to the dealer and tell them what to fix .
    Thanks.

For me nothing as of yet...As per my last post of having taken my gas cap off to see if that would do anything and it kicked my CEL after 3 days finally. As for the main issues, well for some stupid reason the car hasn't acted up in almost 2.5 weeks. This in itself is extremely annoying considering it was like clock work before our temperatures and humidity changed. I am now wondering if that is a contributor to the problem. It is ironic though that all of us are ending up with this problem at around the 9-13k mark. Keep us posted on anything that anyone finds!

Hi Guys,

My 2013 wrx threw P0451 for the first time a few days ago. The car had been garaged for a couple days and it threw the code at start up. I tightened my gas cap and cleared the code and took it for a 40 mile dive stopping twice. The next morning it threw the same code and had the same one pending.

I'm taking it to the dealership in an hour. I'll update afterward.

Edit to add: I'm at 12,000 miles
    Last edited by dan5505; 08-05-2013 at 12:09 PM.

So when I dropped it off, the guy at the service desk said that most 2012-2013 Subarus have an update for the ecu for this issue. I picked it up three hours later. I spoke with a different gentleman and he said that everything looked fine and they cleared the code. I guess I'll wait and see if it is there again in the morning. If it is, I'll inquire further about the ecu update.

I Support ClubWRX
    Found this thread after starting a new one. I haven't had the Evap code, but do have misfire codes. I have had my 2012 to the dealer on two occasions. First visit for P301, P302, P304, CELs. Second visit P301, CEL. Car has 10K miles and is 100% stock.

The car runs a bit rough at idle, on occasion. The codes were thrown just after starting car and driving (not fully warmed up).

The first visit to the dealer resulted in a new ECU flash, which was designed to fix "random misfires" according to the service writer. BTW, the new flash has a MUCH smoother power curve with the car under boost, no more hitch at 3.6-3.7 RPMs, I'm thankful for that...

I'll keep an eye on this thread and provide feedback as I receive it from my dealer.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I wonder if there is a way we could see all the ECU updates for our cars? Does SOA publish this information anywhere?

I've been having this issue on and off for the last 4 months. I will reflash the ECU it disappears for about a thousand miles and then shows back up. The annoying part is I live two hours away from my Subaru dealership and I have no chance to get there when service department is open.

has anyone found a resolution for this?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Add me to the list. I dunno if I'm having this exact same issue or not but I've been experiencing this in my 13' WRX and I'm only at 2500 miles on the clock. I'm not throwing any codes though, but I was also told by my dealer it was an ECU thing and that there was an update. Something to do with A/F ratio being out of whack. I'll be taking my car up to the dealer tomorrow to get the updated flash. I'll post back results.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast