Possible Problem 05 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible Problem 05 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this happens every once in a blue, but when i start the car after being off for about an hour ...

Possible Problem 05 WRX

this happens every once in a blue, but when i start the car after being off for about an hour or more, and rev it (not hard), i hear the sound you hear when a car needs power steering fluid/belt. its not as loud, but its definitely noticeable over my exhaust... after it warms up, or i take off, it doesnt do it anymore... any ideas as to what it could be? could this lead to something severe?

any info is appreciated....
    Chris
    238 whp on stock turbo - Stage 2
    05 l WRB l WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Accessory belts? Inspect them and replace as necessary.

How many miles?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

just made 87K
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

Incidentally, I've recently become acutely aware of the noise that my cooling fans make as they kick on when the car is hot and I slow down. Could this also be the source of your noise?
    David - '05 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Incidentally, I've recently become acutely aware of the noise that my cooling fans make as they kick on when the car is hot and I slow down. Could this also be the source of your noise?
    I'm thinking no cause it only happens I "cold start" and rev. Other than that, I don't hear anything. It does sound like a belt. But not positive.
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

sounds like a belt or p\s pump to me. change both belts and see how it goes. make sure they are nice and tight

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.