Bluetooth Scracthy

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Scracthy within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i currenlty have a 2013 wrx non-navi stock HU. the sound is fine for me as i'm not a big ...

Bluetooth Scracthy

i currenlty have a 2013 wrx non-navi stock HU. the sound is fine for me as i'm not a big music person but when i'm making calls the sound is all scratchy and broken. Is there any way to fix this? I have an iphone and it's mounted on the proclip vent mount.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    i currenlty have a 2013 wrx non-navi stock HU. the sound is fine for me as i'm not a big music person but when i'm making calls the sound is all scratchy and broken. Is there any way to fix this? I have an iphone and it's mounted on the proclip vent mount.
    Not really. The blue tooth in the subaru's, althought a nice idea, sucks. In addition to your problem, the mic doess not have any type of noise cancellation (bad idea in a subaru) - the people you are talking to won't be able to hear you very well either. I, unfortunately, just use my jawbone bluetooth ear piece instead.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    I found that by not putting the phone on the vent mount helps. My music via Bluetooth got choppy when on the vent mount. When on the phone, people would say I'm breaking. I changed the vent mount to the window mount by the driver side A pilar... No more problems with choppy music and no more breaking while on the phone. The only complaint is that it seems like my window is open, they are closed. The mic on the wrx is horrible.

Hope that helps