Accident Damage Assessment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Accident Damage Assessment. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, today I got rear ended on the highway. I realy want to make it to the Wicked Big Meet ...

Accident Damage Assessment.

So, today I got rear ended on the highway. I realy want to make it to the Wicked Big Meet on June 9, I need to know how long will this take to repair?
    Parts that need to be replaced:
    Rear Bumper
    Rear Left Quarter Panel
    Rear Left tail light housing. (The lights still work)
    Thankfully I didn't loose control of my car, and Im alright.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	114245
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1718.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	114244

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have no clue but I feel for you bro... ='(

That definitely sucks. Definitely don't rush the job, you want the body shop to take their time. My guess would be a week or two - to get the parts, paint, blend, etc. (this is from my past experience with an old subaru I had ... that got hit by a deer). Was somebody tailgating you on the highway?

Hope things work out and see you at the WBM!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

The only one that can answer that is the shop that's going to be fixing it.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Unhappy

The good: I am not at fault which is good.
    The Bad: The auto-body shop is gonna have to pull frame. I am currently getting the car appraised for damage, It looks like 2-3 weeks whitch means that I will not be able to make it to WBM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    The only one that can answer that is the shop that's going to be fixing it.
    This. While the damage certainly appears repairable from the pictures, only a reputable autobody shop will be able to give you an estimate of costs and time. We don't know what parts they have in stock, how long paint work will take, etc. That said, I seriously doubt they'll be able to do everything in a week. Paint blending alone takes several days for the paint to completely dry and check for color matching. You do not want to rush body work.

When my bugeye was t-boned, the Subaru dealer had to special order the factory Enkei wheels from Japan. It took a while.
    Also, while the insurance adjuster noted all the exterior damage, only once it was on a lift in the shop did they see the cracked lateral link and collapsed strut. Always plan for unforeseen circumstances. Thankfully, this is exactly why we have insurance. Let them handle it, and your car will be good as new before you know it. Accidents suck, but cars can be replaced. The important thing is that you're ok.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I had similar damage to that on my first STI (after being rear-ended), and on my 350z (after also being rear ended)...both had $7500 in damage and it took near a month for each one to be repaired...so yeah, a week is out.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens dont wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I had similar damage to that on my first STI (after being rear-ended), and on my 350z (after also being rear ended)...both had $7500 in damage and it took near a month for each one to be repaired...so yeah, a week is out.
    I read this post and all I learned is that you have a habit of getting hit in the rear.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by GotBoost94 View Post
    The good: I am not at fault which is good.
    The Bad: The auto-body shop is gonna have to pull frame. I am currently getting the car appraised for damage, It looks like 2-3 weeks whitch means that I will not be able to make it to WBM
    See if they have a loaner subaru No reason to miss the WBM .... find a friend with a subaru or come in what ever vehicle you have! You'll still be a WRX owner at heart. It's a great event and experience. I'd offer you a ride, but will be visiting friends in CT afterwards.

If you go - keep an eye out for a WRB WRX with RI plates. If you see someone standing by it ... come say "hi."
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Got an estimate of 4000 but the other guys insurance should pay for it, according to the shop my car should be ready by the end of next week but I don't think thats gonna happen, I also filed a police report because the damage is greater than 1,500 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post
    See if they have a loaner subaru No reason to miss the WBM .... find a friend with a subaru or come in what ever vehicle you have! You'll still be a WRX owner at heart. It's a great event and experience. I'd offer you a ride, but will be visiting friends in CT afterwards.

If you go - keep an eye out for a WRB WRX with RI plates. If you see someone standing by it ... come say "hi."
    Defiantly man, really hope I can go. But if I cant ill be around different meets in the MA, CT, RI area especially MassTuning ones

Don't forget to request compensation for reduced value of the car. When you go to sell it the car will be worth less with the repair and Carfax hit. That is part of your loss and you should be compensated for it. I would also request reimbursment fore you vacation plans, since you won't be able to make it to the Subaru event. Long shot but you can always ask.

Quote Originally Posted by GotBoost94 View Post
    Got an estimate of 4000 but the other guys insurance should pay for it, according to the shop my car should be ready by the end of next week but I don't think thats gonna happen, I also filed a police report because the damage is greater than 1,500 dollars.
    This should be done anyway unless the other person has it in writing that he's going to pay out of pocket for the damage. Most insurance companies request a police report anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    I would also request reimbursment fore you vacation plans, since you won't be able to make it to the Subaru event. Long shot but you can always ask.
    I don't agree with this...this is the kind of thing that drives rates up. He's probably saving money if he didn't go anyway (gas? Food? canceling lodging as opposed to paying full price?)...and there's nothing technically stopping him from going to the event anyway. He could still go.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens dont wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I don't agree with this...this is the kind of thing that drives rates up. He's probably saving money if he didn't go anyway (gas? Food? canceling lodging as opposed to paying full price?)...and there's nothing technically stopping him from going to the event anyway. He could still go.
    Yeah, I'm with Mikie on this. I mean, if you'd been driving to the airport to go to Hawaii and broke your leg, fine, but planning for a local Subaru meet in a couple weeks is a big stretch, and as Mikie said, there's nothing keeping him from going still.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Which body shop are you going through?
    "At dawn they sleep..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast