coolant leak

This is a discussion on coolant leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, I came back to my car after being in a store for 15 minutes and there was white ...

coolant leak

hey guys, I came back to my car after being in a store for 15 minutes and there was white smoke coming out of the front. coolant is leaking onto my crosspipe and I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before? I am looking to see if it's just an old line that cracked or a clamp but it is very cramped and hard to see. I drive an 02 wrx 2
    charlie

Bugeye wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cripple'sWRX View Post
    hey guys, I came back to my car after being in a store for 15 minutes and there was white smoke coming out of the front. coolant is leaking onto my crosspipe and I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before? I am looking to see if it's just an old line that cracked or a clamp but it is very cramped and hard to see. I drive an 02 wrx 2
    It shouldn't be too hard to find. Under good light just look all around your engine bay for pooled green fluid or wet spots. If you can't see anything there, jack the car up, take off the splash guard and look around with a flash light. If you still can't find anything, leave the splash gaurd off, run the car for a couple minutes. Then look under the car and see if there is coolant leaking and if so - from what area (just put something down on the ground since coolant is pretty toxic).

If it's leaking onto your header crosspipe, then I would think that the leak is coming from the front of the engine bay ... I would check the radiator and all hoses out well. The car is pretty old and any hose may be cracked/damaged.

If you can't find anything there, I once had an issue with one of the coolant lines that goes into the trottle body. When I looked in the engine bay I could see coolant pooling on the block under it.

Hope that helps and good luck!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Check the hoses that go from your radiator under the intake scoop thing.

I have an '02 WRX wagon and i had the stock radiator crack about a year ago. Don't know if you got this fixed already but you could check that.