12 Wrx Stage 2 lost power
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 12 Wrx Stage 2 lost power within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 12 WRX with Invidia catted downpipe, cat back, aem cai, GFB blow off valve and Cobb Accessport ...

12 Wrx Stage 2 lost power

I have a 12 WRX with Invidia catted downpipe, cat back, aem cai, GFB blow off valve and Cobb Accessport Stage 2 lwg map. It's been almost a week since installing the DP and catback and I'm noticing a notable loss of power. When I get on the gas around 3k RPM, the boost just sounds loud and like its spooling a lot louder than normal. During that time I feel like a have no power. It doesn't put you back in the seat like it used to. On the Accessport I've been watching the boost and it still boosts around target boost and eventually see it go to 24, 23 psi. I've also gotten wastegate solenoid CEL once before the exhaust install and once since the install. Car seems fine around normal driving below 3k rpm but anything higher and it definatly doesnt feel right. Anyone have any ideas? I've been looking and seeing info about IC to throttle body clamps could be loose or blown and other things about waste gate up pipe might could be bad. Another noticeable issue is the car seems to backfire a whole lot more when shifting or getting of the gas. If anyone has any good info please your advice is needed. Don't really feel like putting everything back to stock and taking to dealer but I'll do so if that's what it takes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same exact problem with a comparable setup. Remove the hose from the tmic to the tb and remove both the gaskets on the hose and reinstall the same hose. Should take 30 minutes.

You just took out he gaskets and replaced with new ones or completely took them out?

I just took them off the hose and reused the hose without them. They use a glue that seems to lose adhesion with heat for some reason. It was an instant fix on my car 2012 stage 2 wrx.

That's good to hear. Hopefully it's a nice easy fix like that

You blew off the hose going from the IC to the throttlebody
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Mine was still connected snugly on both of the end fittings but the hose inside the fittings was just sitting in the there and not sealed at all. I could build some boost but nothing really usable.

I have a replacement hose on order from AVO because i don't like the stock one; it sits without the fittings but it does function fine.
    Last edited by Convictus; 05-20-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    You blew off the hose going from the IC to the throttlebody
    Quite a frequent occurrence actually.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

How would I be able to tell this? I hole or so? By looking at the hose thoroughly, it looks fine

I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by rxz88m View Post
    How would I be able to tell this? I hole or so? By looking at the hose thoroughly, it looks fine
    It popped off the lip of the TB. you cant' tell because the TB sits underneath the IM. Just take the IC off, reseat the hose on, tighten the clamp, put ic back on. done.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Thanks for the help

All the shop had told me was to get a tune specific for my car. He didn't find anything wrong with the hoses. Said there were no leaks just that I needed to get a better tune than the stage 2 from Cobb. Does this sound right to anyone?

Wait your car is boosting to 24 PSI?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stage stage II map isn't made to be used with an aftermarket BOV.

Maybe try putting the OEM valve back

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast