Turn signal electrical problem

This is a discussion on Turn signal electrical problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My right turn signal is doing that thing where it blinks really fast and is usually just and indicator that ...

Turn signal electrical problem

My right turn signal is doing that thing where it blinks really fast and is usually just and indicator that you need a new bulb but it doesn't do it all the time. I was told its an electrical problem and bumps on the road cause it to go back and forth. Anyone have this problem and know specifically where the connection could be loose?
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I had the problem, first on the passenger side, then a few months later on the driver's side. In my case both of the loose connections were in the connector that's like three inches from the back of the headlight. They were corroded, so I got a small screwdriver and jammed it in there, back and forth. Scrapped off all the corrosion I could see, blew it out with compressed air, and I haven't had a problem since.

Of course this was on a 10 year old bugeye, I doubt your 2011 would be corroded like that.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would just start by replacing the front and rear turn signal bulbs on that side. Just check the sockets when you replace them and give them a little squirt of dielectric grease before putting the bulbs back in. This will help keep out moisture and prevent any corrosion.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Alright I'll give that a shot first. Thanks.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

I Support ClubWRX
    I took mine to the dealer for that shortly after I got the car. They fixed it up. I believe it was an issue with the ground connection. It may be worth calling them and asking them - they may just tell ya what the common issue is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

My driver side turn signal just started acting up today. Bulb is def out, gonna swap in a new bulb and hope that's it. Car is 5 months old. WTH?! (My last car was 10 years old and I didn't change a light bulb until year 9 of owning it.)

Happens... That's why bulbs are excluded from warranties...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?