Left Front Bearings

This is a discussion on Left Front Bearings within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys I just got a 2006 Subaru WRX and the left front bearing is starting to whobble (but no ...

Left Front Bearings

hey guys I just got a 2006 Subaru WRX and the left front bearing is starting to whobble (but no noise). Is this like a common thing and how much is it to get a it fixed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How do you know there is an issue? Yes,parts go bad. You didn't even state the mileage. Price is not fixed. Call your local shops for quotes.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

How do you know it's a bearing? I'd suspect something wobbling would be more of a tire balancing issue.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Notice any change in the brakes? If the wheel bearing really has play, then the brake rotor "wobbles" with the wheel. Makes for a longer brake pedal move, if not even the need to pump the brake. Unless you notice a change in the brake, there is no bearing issue. Could be loose nuts, out-of-balance, damaged tire, even bent rim.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?