Subaru WRX Forum banner

Code P0546 HELP PLEASE

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  iRwong 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2002 Subaru WRX three days ago, I just started getting P0546 after driving it for maybe 500 miles, the scanner says Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature Sensor Circuit High (Bank 1). The car has a full Cobb exhaust and I believe that it has a high flow cat. From what I can tell without touching the car, I have a gauge in the car that should read my EGT and the plug looks like it goes to the uppipe, but its been unplugged from the pipe and bunged up. I don't know if I'm getting false readings, or if there's a whole other sensor I can't even see, but if it helps any, I've also been getting the code P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System -Leak Detected. Maybe they could be related, please help, I've read that this could have potential to destroy my turbo and I just got the car.

#3 ·
I don't think so, I was told to check my up pipe to see if it was stock and if it is I should fit it and plug the sensor hole. I haven't got a chance to do it yet so I still don't know, but I don't get that code every time I scan, I only get it every other time or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.