Bottom DP bolt seized onto turbo flange stud - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bottom DP bolt seized onto turbo flange stud within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can't get a hammer and a hammer on the lower right bolt bc of the bellmouth design and the ...

I can't get a hammer and a hammer on the lower right bolt bc of the bellmouth design and the axle shaft, I can barely get a dremmel up there to cut relief cuts in the nut like I'm in the process of doing now to get this bolt off

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How is the extraction job coming? Were you able to break the nut off after the relief cuts?

Been making some progress on the relief cuts however I don't have electrical outlets in my storage unit so I'm using a cordless dremmel which dies pretty quick, so I keep having to charge it then cut, then charge it over night. It's a real PITA, but eventually I will get the damn nut off

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by njandy View Post
    vice grips and a hammer!!!! i just did my downpipe got very lucky that mine were easy. when you put the new one on tighten the bolts like a tire jump across so you dont end up with lose bolts
    Or just torque to spec and you shouldn't have an issue. Maintenance, how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by DD04wagon View Post
    Been making some progress on the relief cuts however I don't have electrical outlets in my storage unit so I'm using a cordless dremmel which dies pretty quick, so I keep having to charge it then cut, then charge it over night. It's a real PITA, but eventually I will get the damn nut off
    ...why don't you just bolt it back together and drive it somewhere you have an outlet? You'll have a small exhaust leak since not all 5 bolts would be in, but you'd be able to do the maintenance in some place that at least has outlets.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12