What do you do every oil change? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What do you do every oil change? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So far at the dealer 7,500 Full synthetic oil change, tire rotation 55 bucks 15,000 same as above 55 bucks ...

So far at the dealer

7,500 Full synthetic oil change, tire rotation 55 bucks
    15,000 same as above 55 bucks
    22,500 same as above 55 bucks
    30,000 same as above plus air filter and brake inspection pads at 7mm rear and fronts at 8mm. 92 bucks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Generally I just change the oil...but recently, every time I change the oil it involved installs on either mine or Mikies cars
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Generally I just change the oil...but recently, every time I change the oil it involved installs on either mine or Mikies cars
    True story.

Guessing the next oil change will include the newest bushing install for the driveshaft carrier. And perhaps that new/used CBE Matty is shipping me.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    True story.

Guessing the next oil change will include the newest bushing install for the driveshaft carrier. And perhaps that new/used CBE Matty is shipping me.
    and my dp and fog lights
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

I don't know what my manual says and it probably tells me to not to use synthetic since its the 1st gen but on 3rd gens I'm pretty sure it tells you to use synthetic. Anyways I use synthetic and change it every 3,000 miles as well oil filter and I change my crush ring every time too. I will also be rotating my summer tires every oil change as well as my winters next year. :P

i wish i had a subaru boyfriend. stupid texas, no one drives a wrx here.

on a serious note... dose anyone know how to reset the oil reminder light for the oil change intervals? i dont think i am making this up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by clt-wrx View Post

on a serious note... dose anyone know how to reset the oil reminder light for the oil change intervals? i dont think i am making this up.
    Reset inspection light subaru impreza - FixYa
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Move to Jersey and look up spirited!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

sup
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

thanks! i searched for a few hours yesterday (with very slow internet) and couldnt find this.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Move to Jersey and look up spirited!
    i think im stuck in dallas for a least year.

sup
    yo people dont even wave here?! i just cant picture living in a place where subarus dont wave to other subarus.

i just realized the link was not answer specific to subaru or impreza but i tried the reset and it didnt do anything. has anyone done this and seen it say "service reset"?

just before my second oil change the oil light turned on. the level was fine but was in need of a change. i called subaru and asked about the oil light they told me not to worry the light was a 5k mile service reminder and to bring to get the oil changed. long story short thats the longest i have gone without a oil change and i have not seen the light since. so im wondering did they disable the service reminder, do i have to wait for it to pop up before i can reset it (this wouldnt make sense to me) or does it not exist in our cars?
    Last edited by clt-wrx; 05-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12