ploom of blue smoke
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ploom of blue smoke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so everytime I let my car set for a minute, when I start it I get a ploom of blue ...

ploom of blue smoke

so everytime I let my car set for a minute, when I start it I get a ploom of blue smoke from the tail pipe. The engine is an ej22 with 15000 on it. So I doubt its the rings. I ran my car without oil so im in the process of pulling the motor due to a high end knock. So that being said Im trying to do as little work as possible. I think its a rod or a valve. So I was wondering if the bloushe 18g turbo could be letting oil get by and burned in the exhaust? Or am I just reaching in the dark?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Red face

sounds like rings to me. what about letting it sit while idling?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Blue smoke is usually an indication that your engine and/or turbo is burning oil. Where that oil is coming from is anyone's guess.

Plume. /sorrymyfathereditsforalivingandican'thelpitnow
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Blue smoke = not good.
    Man, if you're already pulling the engine, just do it right! Do a compression check, leak-down check. Pull the heads, just spend the money for the head gaskets. You ran engine w/o oil? Well, could easily be pistons. Valves probably have a looonger tolerance to no-oil. Replace bearings as indicated by wear (i.e. if there is = replace). Do what it takes to be done right. Nothing worse than having a halfassed engine and pulling it again. You might as well do a complete job first time.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.