2003 Impreza Crash Repair - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2003 Impreza Crash Repair within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, I've been looking up information on determining if the frame is bent and from what I can test, it ...

Okay, I've been looking up information on determining if the frame is bent and from what I can test, it seems to be all good and straight. But I still can't be sure because the control arm is throwing a wheel completely out. I'll see what I can do about recruiting other people's opinions locally.

Seems like a cleaned up Plymouth these days is a pretty nice looking car.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing all the body work on my own. I'd like to, but if/when I get up to that stage, I'll have to see how difficult it all is. Maybe I'll report on the adventure on this thread as I go. Thanks again for the uplifting words.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can get a lower control arm from Rockauto for $76.00. Might be worth that to install it and find out how it does. I wouldn't blow money on it until it is in your name with a clear title though.

Is that in Australia Zoe? Yeah, I've been hanging to see if we can get this legal stuff sorted out so I can finally just start chipping away at the rebuild, rather than staring at the car and imagining how cool it would be to own.

No. That's in the US. I'm sure shipping would be severe for you. Shop around on line though, you may find one reasonably priced.

I have looked on ebay a little and found a set of left and right control arms for about $250.

Also another thing to report - something that I probably should have checked a while ago, the R/H steering rack end is majorly bent. Luckily that's under $30 to replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12