03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position

This is a discussion on 03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 WRX (manual transmission) and I started it up this morning and drove into work with no ...

03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position

I have a 2003 WRX (manual transmission) and I started it up this morning and drove into work with no issues. Then I went out this morning to drive from one building to another and it wouldnt start.
    -I got in turned the key to the Acc On position and waited for a moment (radio turned on everything lit up)
    -Pushed in the clutch and turned the key and nothing. All of the power went out. Couldnt even see the odometer read out.
    -I popped the hood and checked the battery connections and everything looked good. (note I replaced the battery in February and no issues until now)
    -I got back in the car and turned to the Acc On position and still nothing.
    -Tried this a few more times and the power slowly came back on (dash lights blinking). When I tried to start it I heard some clicking behind the gauge cluster.
    -After power was fully back on (radio working, etc.) it started right up.

I havent had this issue before. Any idea on what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Either bad battery or corroded neg/positive cables.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, sounds like a dead battery to me. If this keeps happening, you might need to check ther alternator as well.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson