03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 WRX (manual transmission) and I started it up this morning and drove into work with no ...

03 WRX No Power in Acc On Position

I have a 2003 WRX (manual transmission) and I started it up this morning and drove into work with no issues. Then I went out this morning to drive from one building to another and it wouldnt start.
    -I got in turned the key to the Acc On position and waited for a moment (radio turned on everything lit up)
    -Pushed in the clutch and turned the key and nothing. All of the power went out. Couldnt even see the odometer read out.
    -I popped the hood and checked the battery connections and everything looked good. (note I replaced the battery in February and no issues until now)
    -I got back in the car and turned to the Acc On position and still nothing.
    -Tried this a few more times and the power slowly came back on (dash lights blinking). When I tried to start it I heard some clicking behind the gauge cluster.
    -After power was fully back on (radio working, etc.) it started right up.

I havent had this issue before. Any idea on what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Either bad battery or corroded neg/positive cables.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, sounds like a dead battery to me. If this keeps happening, you might need to check ther alternator as well.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.