Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open

This is a discussion on Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I am trying to finish making my car not-so ghetto from when I first bought it. I'm currently ...

Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open

Hey guys,
    I am trying to finish making my car not-so ghetto from when I first bought it. I'm currently getting some codes and I want them to go away.

First code is: P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 1
    Second code: P2005 Intake Manifold ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Bank 2

Obviously something's going on with my runner control haha. What do I have to do to fix this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sky05wrx View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am trying to finish making my car not-so ghetto from when I first bought it. I'm currently getting some codes and I want them to go away.

First code is: P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 1
    Second code: P2005 Intake Manifold ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Bank 2

Obviously something's going on with my runner control haha. What do I have to do to fix this?
    Sounds like TGV's are either stuck,disconnected or have been removed. Need more info.

***how to as a technical question!** - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok well it doesn't run bad at all, but I want to make sure nothing will get jacked up if I keep driving it. I have a 2005 wrx with an AEM cold air intake, 3" invidia turbo back exhaust, Process West tmic. When I bought the vehicle it had a crappy intake and tmic so I had those replaced with quality products. I'm running super unleaded (93) fuel. Before I bought my car there was a bunch of ghettoness for my car so the last person probably did something stupid.
    The P2004/P2005 are the only codes I found and I pretty much typed it exactly as I saw it. Only thing I didn't write was "MOD $E1" for both codes.

bump. Still would like to fix this if anybody knows where I can get the part/fix it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you even look to see if the TGV's are plugged in or if they have been deleted?

Sent from my magic banana
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I'm mechanically retarded when it comes to those things so I don't know where the TGV is haha. Pathetic, but that's why I'm asking for help

Ok 3rd try at posting (WiFi in Kuwait sucks). So the TGV's are underneath your intake manifold. To get to the you have to remove it, check your sensor first for the correct voltage/readings and also check the grounds. If its not those the troubleshoot the TGV motor, it could also just be that the butterfly valves are getting stuck closed after the car starts up. They should open about 30 seconds after the car starts. All they do is to help with cold idle emmissions. I had the same codes pop up but mine were just bank one (P2004,P2016). I was going to start troubleshooting them but i had to leave the country.

Someone correct me if I'm posting wrong info.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sky05wrx View Post
    I'm mechanically retarded when it comes to those things so I don't know where the TGV is haha. Pathetic, but that's why I'm asking for help
    http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...tgv-data-1.jpg
    http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...tgv-data-2.jpg
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S