Boost Spike to NO Boost, HELP - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Boost Spike to NO Boost, HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Straube63 Okay so here is the datalog with the clark map. the boost readings are all over ...

Quote Originally Posted by Straube63 View Post
    Okay so here is the datalog with the clark map. the boost readings are all over the place. but also the a/f learning seems odd.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing
    You need to make it public. That said, if you have a significant leak from cracked headers, then I'm not surprised.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So i took the turbo off just for the hell of it last night to check it all out, hot side and cold side are in perfect condition. i am really baffeled what is going on. i am temped to buy a boost solenoid from subaru and just throw it on in hopes that it fixes it.

Someone please look at the data log and let me know what you think. thanks kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Straube63 View Post
    So i took the turbo off just for the hell of it last night to check it all out, hot side and cold side are in perfect condition. i am really baffeled what is going on. i am temped to buy a boost solenoid from subaru and just throw it on in hopes that it fixes it.

Someone please look at the data log and let me know what you think. thanks kyle
    Why aren't you attempting to fix the header issue to see if that is causing the problem? You know you have a crack there.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you fix the cracked headers? If not... Why are you baffled? You are dumping out your hot (metered) air that is supposed to go through your turbine. Bad things are going to happen one way or another. It's not rocket science - an ECU tune can't remedy a cracked pipe pre-turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

FIX YOUR CRACKED HEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many more times can we say this?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

OP went full retard
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    WOW... This is simply the biggest problem on this god for saken forum. You people post up questions for people with 12 years of experience with turbo subarus to help you with... Then you completely ignore the help you get and perform 8 worthless hours of work to your own car and are baffled by the turbo being in perfect shape when the 4th or 5th post clearly tells you the issue at hand and that would literally take an hour to fix.. For the love of all things fix your stupid header or put your stock manifold on and start taking the advise you asked for, especially if 5 or more people suggested the same exact thing!!!!!!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Fix the crack...you should. When my cross over pipe fell apart my car was all funky...I parked it...got a new one...problem fixed.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Because the i didnt really think that the crack was that significant to make such drastic changes. im goin to weld it today and see what happens, and if the weld helps im going to get a new one.

And i wasnt ignoring the help. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something simple. i wanted some more reasurance before i go spending another 500+ on a new header.

And i dont have the stock manifold or i would have done that already. I am going to weld it here pretty soon and ill let you guys know the results.

Sorry for the upset

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.