Cylinder 1 Misfire Assistance on 02 Wrx Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cylinder 1 Misfire Assistance on 02 Wrx Wagon within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So about a week ago i got the P0301 misfire code that popped on. Following Donkey's guide on ruling out ...

Cylinder 1 Misfire Assistance on 02 Wrx Wagon

So about a week ago i got the P0301 misfire code that popped on. Following Donkey's guide on ruling out some of the problems, ive ruled out some possibilities.

1. Its not the spark plug/s. I replaced them with ngk iridiums that were gapped at .30. Ive also cleaned the coils and bolts with crc electronics cleaner.

2. Replaced the fuel filter (which I think got rid of a previous issue of mine haha) and am currently running a bottle of Seafoam through the engine now.

3. Its not the coil/coilpack. I swapped 1 and 3 and the misfire is still in the same cylinder.

4. I do not have a lightweight flywheel or crank pulley.

So the misfire is solely isolated to cylinder 1. What issues could cause the singular misfire?

Some other information. ~127,000mi on the car. Car runs on 93 pump gas here in MO (quiktrip if anyone cares). Its been tuned by a tuning shop (ET Tuning in Union MO).
    It runs smoothly and without any issues. Consistent and full boost, so I dont think there is a vacuum or preturbo leak.

Whats left to check would be:

-valve clearances & compression. Leakdown/compression test on that single cylinder.
    -cam timing?
    -O2 sensor possibly?
    -Injector?

Any ideas besides that? Also, as I dont notice any irregularities while driving, is it safe to continue to daily drive with that cel on? I dont want to damage the engine.
    Last edited by Skyswordsman; 04-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try reading the spark plug.

NGK Spark Plugs USA

Post a pic. Other then that maybe a valve issue. But start with the easy stuff.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Try reading the spark plug.

NGK Spark Plugs USA

Post a pic. Other then that maybe a valve issue. But start with the easy stuff.
    I replaced all 4 plugs with new iridiums so its not the plugs. I bought an injector on eBay so well see what happens on that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.