Brake help wrx

This is a discussion on Brake help wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys I'm getting a faint noise from my front brakes and it has got abit louder over the weeks ...

Brake help wrx

Hi guys I'm getting a faint noise from my front brakes and it has got abit louder over the weeks so I'm going to change my front pads but I need some help, I have a 2001 subaru impreza wrx that is running 350bhp with standard 4 pot at the front and 2 pot at the back with upgraded grooved and vented discs all around,I have read online and can't find the right answer but what would be some good pads I'm looking at a few and keep going towards ebc but don't no what colour would suit me,I'm a road user no track use but love to give the car some gas most often so they would defo be heated up most of the time,would love all your opinions,thankyou.[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no right answer. Picking brake pads i like picking tires or any other part. If you are just using the car as a daily driver then any of these choices would be fine:

EBC Green
    Stoptech Street pads
    Hawk HPS
    Carbotech Bobcats
    Fedoro DS2500
    Porterfeild R4S
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I was watching one of those car shows the other day and guy was changing his break pads with ceramic Akebono ultra premium break Pads they are US made with very little of break dust and apperantly they are durable on high temps. So something that you can look in to it.

Thanks for the reply I'm pretty sure someone told me that green stuff pads would not be ok for the power of my car and I should look at yellow stuff pads is this right ?

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally would not base my brake grade on power alone and you are not putting down an enormous amount of power. You are pretty average actually. I would base it on actual use of the car. The more performance oriented the pad is the less initial bite it has.

Sent from my magic banana
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok great ill look into some green stuff pads

I've had Green Stuff pads on other cars, and actually really liked the initial bite on them. I think they'd be fine for your car as a daily driver application.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Just brought red stuff pads,how much should a garage charge to fit these font want them ripping me off.

No idea how it works out over in Europe...but you should be able to do it yourself in about 15 min per each side.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying