Data Log Question, Possible Knock High Rpm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Data Log Question, Possible Knock High Rpm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I decided to fool around with data logging before I get into more serious modifications. I would like ...

Data Log Question, Possible Knock High Rpm

Ok, so I decided to fool around with data logging before I get into more serious modifications. I would like to understand what the logs show and how to log "better." Anyway, I ran two quick ones this evening, and everything looked alright, except, it looks like I have some FLKC at red line. From what I have read, anything above a "2" is worry some, along with FLKC at high RPM. It seems to happen at ~6500 RPM and it is always -1.41. Now, I understand that FLKC can occur when "noise" gets loud. I.E. road vibrations, debris bouncing off the block, etc. After trying to figure out where it is coming from, with my very limited knowledge, I think it may be from my not-so-smooth release of the accelerator. It seems to happen every time I let out the throttle and bump it slightly (31%-41%-36% & 32%-36%-32%).

I know my logs are not as complete as they should be, I am missing knock sum and total ignition timing, and may have somethings that are not so important. Still learning and all.

Besides the FLKC, I think it looks alright, then again I am still very green when it comes to this. So, any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I saw a random spike in A/F on log 1. Jumps from a .88 to an 11.38 to a -1.12, it is not in log two, so possible fluke?

Also, also... 3rd gear pull.

Thanks,
    Spencer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RSTU5bHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0TmZ5eVE#gid=0

Oh, also, I have been using "Romraider's How to: Make useful data logs" and Donkey's "Data logging with Romraider" thread. Any other suggestions or learning material would be great!
    Last edited by Kwrxp; 04-13-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: A/F spike, 3rd gear pull
    '11 WRX DGM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Need to know mods and octane used.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Sorry, straight up stock (spt exhaust), using 93. Just trying to understand logs before I start doing anything serious. Just so happened to notice the flkc.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    In the "how to" section on Romraider there is in on "how to read datalogs". The hardest part about reading datalogs is being able to differentiate between a mechanical issue and a tuning issue.

Sent from my magic banana
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.